GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car doesn't pull, logs posted, advice needed ? ? ?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
DVs do not go bad on the EA888 Gen 3. There are guys running the OEM DV with over 500whp.

If he had wastegate issues there would be a DTC set and the car would be much much slower than it is. 0-100 kph in 8.3 seconds is about right for these cars. I doubt there’s anything wrong with his car. Just needs more power.
The DV can go bad. I've seen a few. The early models had a different DV than the newer cars. They upgraded the diaphragm. That being said, the car probably just needs a tune up

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Yes plugs are new (500km) NGK platinum series (PLFER7A8EG). Coils are original.

Another odd thing, besides the lack of power, is the terrible fuel economy. I get around 15-16 L / 100 km in the city without flooring it. When cruising in second around 1800-2200 rpm I ofter see a steady 11-13 L/100 current consumption.

Last edited:

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Only if it goes into limp mode I think.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
No it's definately not limp mode, it just pulls pretty weak... most of the time.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Do you have the oil temp display turned on in the center MFD?
I have no idea what you mean :) The warnings I get on the two displays are below.

Also there is a screen with oil temp on the dash display, where it reads "---"

Attachments

• Sensor1.JPG
    Sensor1.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 92
  • Sensor2.JPG
    Sensor2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When I had a Veloster turbo and the purge control valve went bad it was the same symptoms you said.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Yeah, some valve or actuator or something similar, which controls/regulates other actual power generating parts (e.g. turbo, engine valves, pumps etc.), that is one of the prime suspects I thought about. Now if only I could find the little fucker, because it seems there are few mechanics which are really familiar with this type of engine around here, and even less willing to work on it ?

The other theories being either it's the ECU pulling down power because of the errors. Or there is something wrong with the software - since the flash counter is at 1, but there are no details given about the tool used or identity of whoever flashed it, so it might be some type of aftermarket fuckup :unsure:

Does noone have any clues from looking at the logs ?

Last edited:

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Yea, this boost curve looks weird as hell. Are you sure it's the stock tune? I don't mean tuned for power, because your boost would be way higher, but is this an OEM tune or a recreation of the OEM tune?

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
I have no idea, I just know it's been re-flashed (counter is at 1), and there are no details written about the tool used or any identification of who did it. So a mechanic who tested it said it doesn't look like the work of an official dealer. I can go to a dealer next week and hopefully write over the official software.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That might be a good idea. Will the dealers in europe have the 1.8t software though?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have no idea, I just know it's been re-flashed (counter is at 1), and there are no details written about the tool used or any identification of who did it. So a mechanic who tested it said it doesn't look like the work of an official dealer. I can go to a dealer next week and hopefully write over the official software.

Really tough to diagnose if it's been flashed. :(

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
That might be a good idea. Will the dealers in europe have the 1.8t software though?
Theoretically they have access to the VW servers and can download it. But in practice, can anyone here send me the genuine 1.8t software ? I can give all the details about the car in private.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
And what about the diverter valve and the purge valve ? Are they still under suspicion ?