GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car died while Idling, won't start now. Only code is p0365

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
They advertize a warranty that you fall under?! Ok yea this is on them, they should pay for everything. Blast the hell out of them for not honoring their warranty.
This. The part origination isn’t the issue. The part didn’t fail. Anyone with a modicum of car knowledge can tell the difference between a failed pulley and backed out bolt. I’m all for being civil, I’m a big subscriber to more flys with honey…, but if they told you you’re beat, diplomacy is out the window and it’s time to make them listen.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Update #2:

Talked to shop again this morning. From their initial comments I was under the impression whole block was fubar'd.

Discussed with them again this morning after they looked at some more. Said bottom end should be fine. Basically jumped time and trashed the head.

So now the delimna is to build or not to build my engine.

Will at least build the head. But I probably should do rods, at least that's what I'm thinking.

Still going after other shop, but that will likely take some time. Should have some nice pictures to go with the review soon.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Update #2:

Talked to shop again this morning. From their initial comments I was under the impression whole block was fubar'd.

Discussed with them again this morning after they looked at some more. Said bottom end should be fine. Basically jumped time and trashed the head.

So now the delimna is to build or not to build my engine.

Will at least build the head. But I probably should do rods, at least that's what I'm thinking.

Still going after other shop, but that will likely take some time. Should have some nice pictures to go with the review soon.
First, that's excellent news, to not have a whole block be trashed....just the head...too easy.

Motor is apart. Good as time as any. And go BT too.
Agree on this.....once opened up, might as well instead of paying double down the road....like putting in OEM shocks vs Koni when throwing on lowering springs

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
When you renovate, always go above and beyond the building code, same with motors. Give er'.