GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but similar to your comments about the Hellcat.....if I'm getting a nice car with strong acceleration....S4.

If I'm going to carry the burden of being a Charger owner....I want the full benefits....

This RT is about 20k cheaper than a new S4...

20 fking k :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yes, the Hellcat is impractical and silly but that doesn't change the fact that it's fucking awesome. I wouldn't mind the stance K04 bros trying to race me, I'd have absolutely no issues letting them blow by. We'd both know who has a faster car and who is richer :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
R/T is a sweet ass DD if you don't need a wagon/hatch. It can fit four people and luggage, it's comfy, looks/sounds awesome, gets decent mileage, has good power and is pretty fun to drive, albeit the handling is nothing special :laugh:

I've been starting to realize that great handling is kind of pointless on the street though. I mean, Miatas are fun on the street because they have minimal grip, same with the BRZ. Is that really "good handling"? :iono:

I'd DD a Chally R/T. The Charger is just too big.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
R/T is a sweet ass DD if you don't need a wagon/hatch. It can fit four people and luggage, it's comfy, looks/sounds awesome, gets decent mileage, has good power and is pretty fun to drive, albeit the handling is nothing special :laugh:

I've been starting to realize that great handling is kind of pointless on the street though. I mean, Miatas are fun on the street because they have minimal grip, same with the BRZ. Is that really "good handling"? :iono:

I'd DD a Chally R/T. The Charger is just too big.

They are the exact same size bruh just like a 2 door and 4 door golf.

Noted on the DD aspect and handling.

It is almost like you have to pick great handling or great power. If you want both you have to spend 2x+ of a charger.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

It is almost like you have to pick great handling or great power. If you want both you have to spend 2x+ of a charger.

The Charger felt bigger to me :lol: :iono:

But yeah... I mean there are no fast, affordable RWD cars that handle really that I can think of without modding or something, other than the old C5.

That turbo BRZ needs to happen... but it won't. Otherwise it's FWD stuff like Cooper S or something. Chally/Chargers are cool because you get a big car with some space so you could do that and a Miata/BRZ and "have everything."

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

:word:

Challenger is HUGE, that's the only thing I don't like about it. Well, that and like most new cars these days the wheels are too big and the tires are too skinny but that's not unique to the Challenger.

It really depends on your definition of "great" - and of course whether you have to have a brand new car. If you need a land yacht (and it sounds like you want one because you seem to constantly have NBA players that you need to haul around in your back seats), then there aren't many that handle. You're basically looking at a used CTS-V, G8, or a new SS unless your ass can fit in the back of an E90 M3. M5's and S6's are too much money and nothing else seems to really handle.