GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CaptainRatty's is38 GTI.. I have no idea what I'm doing (kind of) build

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Love the build thread. Your insight and experiences with the IS38 vs other turbos was my exact thoughts and what ultimately swayed me to just stay with IS38 overall.
Also, I really like dark bronzes but I feel like that color they are now currently just mate so well with the grey GTI.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This is an issue, correct? I used a can on LM DI Jectron injector cleaner and shortly after I started to get more timing retard than I was accustomed to seeing (-3,-4,-5). I burned through that tank of gas, filled up again at a different station, are here we are again. Plugs are new. I think I'll try a gallon of E tomorrow.

3rd Gear Log_1
3rd Gear Log_2

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Makes no sense to do that. Run another can of injector cleaner and then a few tanks however you normally do and check again.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Cylinder one not so happy. .

tigeo

Autocross Champion
This is an issue, correct? I used a can on LM DI Jectron injector cleaner and shortly after I started to get more timing retard than I was accustomed to seeing (-3,-4,-5). I burned through that tank of gas, filled up again at a different station, are here we are again. Plugs are new. I think I'll try a gallon of E tomorrow.

3rd Gear Log_1
3rd Gear Log_2
Just add a few gallons of E85 to clean up that timing correction - winter blend fuels suck is really all that is. The second log is v. minor w/r to KR.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just add a few gallons of E85 to clean up that timing correction - winter blend fuels suck is really all that is. The second log is v. minor w/r to KR.
I agree with that, except this only started occurring immediately after I used the LM Jectron about 12 gallons ago (now on a full tank of fresh 93). I usually only see -1 to -2.5 KR correction, never anything in the 5's and 6's.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I agree with that, except this only started occurring immediately after I used the LM Jectron about 12 gallons ago (now on a full tank of fresh 93). I usually only see -1 to -2.5 KR correction, never anything in the 5's and 6's.
Oh for sure - your first log with the LM product...related to that. Your second log looks fine with just minor KR.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Oh for sure - your first log with the LM product...related to that. Your second log looks fine with just minor KR.
Sorry should have been more specific. Both of these logs were taken on a new tank after I ran through the LM stuff.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Sorry should have been more specific. Both of these logs were taken on a new tank after I ran through the LM stuff.
Ah ok got it. I'd say add some E...winter fuel fucks my car up!

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I tuned on winter blend 93 so never any knock, lol.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I tuned on winter blend 93 so never any knock, lol.
Smart. I’m still not totally convinced this is because of winter fuel. That’s been what’s at the pumps since when? Like October?

Only because it happened immediately after putting in the injector cleaner has me considering it could have pushed gunk from earlier in the fuel system to the injectors which is now causing an issue.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Smart. I’m still not totally convinced this is because of winter fuel. That’s been what’s at the pumps since when? Like October?

Only because it happened immediately after putting in the injector cleaner has me considering it could have pushed gunk from earlier in the fuel system to the injectors which is now causing an issue.
That's probably the reason and why I suggested using another bottle of it and then some ethanol to really clean out the injectors.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Worst case have them professionally cleaned, nothing has killed more MQB cars than stuck injectors.

If one gets stuck open the other three end up lean since the wide band calculates AFR based off the exhaust after they all merge.

https://racecityinjector.com/race-city-injector-mobile/

Yep I was thinking that’s next if a fuel system cleaner, a few tanks of gas, and ethanol don’t clear it up.