GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CaptainRatty's is38 GTI.. I have no idea what I'm doing (kind of) build

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
For sure and same to you. I'll probably be in your neck of the woods for BFI Oktoberfest on Oct 9th.
Yep, my neck of the woods for sure, about 40 minutes away.

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
July 2017
Window Tint. Greenville, NC is the armpit of the south and I was tired of driving in a fishbowl. SunTech ceramic tint to the darkest allowable in my state. I asked the installer if he would do the triangles upfront to which he said yes, and then said nope when he actually saw them and at that point he already had the rear glass and passenger side done. I have to get a window re-done soon because my cargo scratched the shit out of it and I’ll find an installer who will do the triangle sections that I know are a pain in the ass.
What shop in Greenville did you have do the tint? How did it turn out, and how is it holding up? I need to get my wife's Sportwagen done again. The first Greenville guy I used did a shit job and I had it removed.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What shop in Greenville did you have do the tint? How did it turn out, and how is it holding up? I need to get my wife's Sportwagen done again. The first Greenville guy I used did a shit job and I had it removed.
Ultimate graphics and tint. They did a great job and years later it has held up fine.

https://ultimategraphicsandtint.com/

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
EQT’s log awaited is38 staged tune was just released and as expected, it’s more expensive than the other OTS tunes at $300. So for an additional $200 I’m glad I did a custom tune and have been able to enjoy it for a few months. Add this to the win column.

EDIT: And it's moving to $350 after the sale.

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
After nearly 50k miles, the finish on my Neuspeeds is a little dinged up. Do I….

1. Touch up paint and keep it moving
2. Powder coat a different color (if so what color)
3. Powder coat a dark gloss bronze

DCCE921B-B5FE-466B-A6F9-632EF7B284A6.jpeg

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Honestly it depends. Touchup paint will always be cheaper, but if there’s a ton of work to do then that could be tedious and look like crap if the paint is not an exact match. Repainting or powder coating would look the best overall, but is pretty expensive and if you don’t have a second set of wheels, your car will be up on blocks for a while. in order to get that done.

As for color, I would stick with the current bronze. If you go darker you may actually lose the color contrast.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sunken Treasure Bronze, these were way back from 2013 so I don’t have better pictures handy, but the metallic flake in them made them shift from brown ish to deep bronze

C3CA7D14-72ED-4550-B18E-AC7C26FC561E.jpeg
8DA1209C-EB95-4F5B-A28D-54F023DB63DF.jpeg