GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't update Maps on Discover Pro Gen2

Skulduggery

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice, I just got my Golf, it is a second hang Mk7 Match Eddition with the second Gen Discover Pro nav system. When I try to access the maps it give me an error message saying:

"Please insert a data medium with valid navigation data."

I have since tried to download the map updated from VW website on to a 64Gb SD card. I have tried using the DiscoverCare software and just downloading the zip file and extracting it to the SD card but when I try to run the software update it give the error :

"Error: no data available. please insert a source with software update data or check the source."

I have tried pulling the card out and putting it back in several times and have reformatted it and moved the data back onto it but still no maps and unable to update. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
Did you get an SD card with the Vehicle?
You'll need an original VW SD card for it to work.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Did you get an SD card with the Vehicle?
You'll need an original VW SD card for it to work.

That's not correct for the Discover Pro. You can use any SD-card and it will install the maps onto the unit, so you don't need the SD-card after you're done.

Hi Guys,

"Error: no data available. please insert a source with software update data or check the source."

I have tried pulling the card out and putting it back in several times and have reformatted it and moved the data back onto it but still no maps and unable to update. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Make sure the zip is extracted in such a way that the metainfo2.txt is at the highest level of the SD-card. So if your SD-card is on drive G:\, the metainfo file is at G:\metainfo2.txt

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
That's not correct for the Discover Pro. You can use any SD-card and it will install the maps onto the unit, so you don't need the SD-card after you're done.

My bad on the discovery pro, thx for correcting.

danielallen89

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice, I just got my Golf, it is a second hang Mk7 Match Eddition with the second Gen Discover Pro nav system. When I try to access the maps it give me an error message saying:

"Please insert a data medium with valid navigation data."

I have since tried to download the map updated from VW website on to a 64Gb SD card. I have tried using the DiscoverCare software and just downloading the zip file and extracting it to the SD card but when I try to run the software update it give the error :

I had this problem only last week if everything is on the SD card correct as mine was plug it in hold down menu, go into technician section SWDL I think it is and from there manually install that's how I don't it I had same msg.