Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Navi

Autocross Champion
Not much going on with the GTI

Got this bracket powder coated black, but it's still ugly

Oil catch can

Got the tow hooks powdercoated a different color - darker textured red. Much better.

Don't remember what I was doing here but whatever

Changed spark plugs

Corn

Sitting pretty

Navi

Autocross Champion
Decided to start modding a more comfortable daily driver that I just bought off lease - 6 speed manual.
Wheels

Ripped out the HID system that was in it the last 2 years... such a mess, and only worked half the time. Replaced with Morimoto 2 stroke LED

Changed all the bulbs to LED

Got rid of the ratchet 4 inch radio - also went with 6.5 2 way infinity kappa speakers and ripped out the seats and carpets to do sound dampening butyl and sound deadening foam.

This thing is way more fun to drive than the GTI.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Curious to know how long was/is the wait for the wheels? They told me 5 months.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Curious to know how long was/is the wait for the wheels? They told me 5 months.

which wheels? these white ones? The white ones took 4 months. The other ones I have coming were ordered June 8 and aren’t coming till December. :(

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
26% ethanol, eh..?

Imua

Cleaned up the interior. Had the harnesses hanging all over the place. Went with some harness collars. Added a fire extinguisher bc I've been watching a lot of videos of Vipers catching on fire in Texas LOL

Hello,

I love your build thread, very well documented and illustrated. Could you please share the model/ serial number of the hanesses you used with the Tyrolsport harness bar? Also, do the lap belts fit into the existing receptacles? I have a quick-fit and would like a harness bar/harness system that I can easily use on the weekend and go back to stock on the weekdays.

thanks in advance

Denny [IMUA on VWVortex]

ps haven been there for a while . . .