GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Navi

Autocross Champion
These are R skirts? They came gloss black?
Always with the nice mods car looks great. The white wheels fit the scheme of things well.

Thanks .VW Votex side skirts... almost the same as the R skirts but much cheaper. And a little more body lines on them. They came primed, then I got them painted Carbon Steel Grey, and then wrapped.

I think they discontinued them recently.

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Holy crap. Just came here to say if you end up with Queb’s, lemme get that bumper. Damn you Diggs

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Gimme dat curse let me work my voodoo.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Really nice Navi. Couple of questions. Did the Fluidampr hurt low end torque as some say and why should you have stayed with the IS38.

Navi

Autocross Champion
More info on your oil filter relocation/t stat?

What was removed and what exactly did you replace it with? Pros and cons of each set up?

using the VWR adapter plate with a setrab billet spacer, mocal billet take off plate, setrab an10 lines going to a mocal billet remote oil filter plate with a setrab thermostat and KN Performance oil filter. Previously was a Setrab 235 13 row oil cooler then switched to a CSF Race oil cooler but switching to back to a setrab 135 25 row oil cooler this week. Ton of shit needed to do it right. I have run a couple different setups. Originally I had the setrab thermostat and oil filter in the location of the stock oil filter. This was a mess because the thermostat and filter hold oil so whenever you remove them to change the filter, the oil leaks all over the motor, hence why I relocated the oil to the bottom of the car. Much cleaner AND also keeps oil temps down. I ran the oil filter below the car for a couple months to make sure I had no leaks or issues before plumbing in the oil cooler. My oil temps decreased just from relocating the oil filter to an area of the car away form the engine that has a lot of air flow.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
using the VWR adapter plate with a setrab billet spacer, mocal billet take off plate, setrab an10 lines going to a mocal billet remote oil filter plate with a setrab thermostat and KN Performance oil filter. Previously was a Setrab 235 13 row oil cooler then switched to a CSF Race oil cooler but switching to back to a setrab 135 25 row oil cooler this week. Ton of shit needed to do it right. I have run a couple different setups. Originally I had the setrab thermostat and oil filter in the location of the stock oil filter. This was a mess because the thermostat and filter hold oil so whenever you remove them to change the filter, the oil leaks all over the motor, hence why I relocated the oil to the bottom of the car. Much cleaner AND also keeps oil temps down. I ran the oil filter below the car for a couple months to make sure I had no leaks or issues before plumbing in the oil cooler. My oil temps decreased just from relocating the oil filter to an area of the car away form the engine that has a lot of air flow.

So basically for someone starting from scratch there’s no solution for a remote adapter (OEM oil filter housing threads to AN) because VWR only sells a complete (and inadequate) kit.

I like the idea of remote mounting the filter like you did, and definitely a plus that it drops temperature on it’s own in doing so.

Navi

Autocross Champion
You don't want my bumper anymore??? 😂 I see you have an R one now... dude your GTI looks awesome!

Thanks. But it doesn't look as awesome as a GTI with the clubsport front. I've had the Golf R bumper for almost 2 years. When are you parting out?

Navi

Autocross Champion