GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't seem to change the oil change interval

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
I've tried every value under the Instruments (17) controller and can't seem to get the oil change interval changed. I want it to be 5,000 miles because I make many short trips.

I assume there's a value for "oil change" but I must be missing something.

I was able to set "inspection" to 5,000 miles. "Inspection" correctly shows 1,900 miles until the next one.

I'm at 13,500 mi. I did the last oil change at 10,000 mi. The oil change is showing 9,100 mi. until the next one until the next one even though I have set the max mileage two 8100 km or 5000 miles. I just don't know what values to set or reset to get it to show the oil change at 5000 miles or 1900 miles from now.

I'd appreciate any help from someone who has successfully changed their oil change reminder to something other than the stock 10,000 miles or 16,200 km.

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Unfortunately, that did not work for oil change, only inspection. I know how to make changes with VCDS, but just need to know what channels to change for the oil reminder.

SHFT says"In Adaptation, choose "SID: maximum value of distance to service" or "SID: maximum value of time to service"

Last edited:

DV52

Go Kart Champion
I've tried every value under the Instruments (17) controller and can't seem to get the oil change interval changed. I want it to be 5,000 miles because I make many short trips.

I assume there's a value for "oil change" but I must be missing something.

I was able to set "inspection" to 5,000 miles. "Inspection" correctly shows 1,900 miles until the next one.

I'm at 13,500 mi. I did the last oil change at 10,000 mi. The oil change is showing 9,100 mi. until the next one until the next one even though I have set the max mileage two 8100 km or 5000 miles. I just don't know what values to set or reset to get it to show the oil change at 5000 miles or 1900 miles from now.

I'd appreciate any help from someone who has successfully changed their oil change reminder to something other than the stock 10,000 miles or 16,200 km.
Here's how I believe that you should set-up the adaptation channels for a service interval of 5,00 miles (or 8,050 kms), or 1 year
FIX: Distance covered since last mileage-dependent inspection > 0 km *
FIX: Maximum time until next time-dependent inspection> 365 d
FIX: Reset value for next mileage-dependent inspection> 16100 km
FIX: Reset value for next mileage-dependent inspections> 1095 d
FIX: Time since last time-dependent inspection> 0 d *
Fix: Max. distance until next mileage-related inspection> 8050 km​

Note: Time and kms travelled will commence as of when you make the changes above. If you want to "back-date" the time and kms travelled to when you actually changed the oil then alter the settings with * appropriately

Don

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Those channels only affect inspection reminders.

On my car I needed to set the SIA channel (may be SID on some cars) to 8,100 km (=5,000 mi.).

Now, setup in "Car" in infotainment shows 1,800 mi to service.

Last edited:

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Just one additional note on the oil change reminder. First, set the SIA channel to the value that you want. Close the controller. Turn off the ignition. Reset the oil change reminder (key off, hold 0.0 button, turn on ignition, when prompted for the oil change meminder press 0.0 again) to pick up the new value.

If you're changing the oil interval, you'll need to do it when you do your oil change to get the reminder in sync.

I put in 3,000 km to next oil change and will have to change it to 8,100 at my next oil change.