GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canada Pricing 2 door vs 4 door Mk7

ELHOTA

Passed Driver's Ed
1. In Canada, unfortunately the base model GTI priced at $27,995 is only available for the 2 door model. The 4 door GTI is available with the Autobahn package and is priced at $32,895. The 2 door with the Autobahn package is priced at $31,995.

I really prefer the 4 door model over the 2 door, but am I willing to pay $4,900 for it? Hell no! The 2 door has the exact same interior dimensions as the 4 door in terms of cargo space, rear legroom, rear headroom etc. I'm not willing to pay $4900 just to get the following upgrades for the Autobahn package:

18" Austin alloy wheels with all-season tires
Automatic headlights with coming and leaving home function
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
Bi-xenon headlights with Adaptive Front-light System (AFS)
including red accent strip
Fender® Premium Audio System – 8 speakers plus subwoofer
Front LED fog lights
KESSY keyless access with push-button start
LED signature daytime running lights
Light Assist (automatic high beam control)
Panorama tilt and slide power sunroof
Rain-sensing wipers

The strange thing is that all the GTIs I've seen on the road so far are 4 doors. Which means that most people are willing to pay the extra $$ for the 4 door and those options above- and VW Canada is taking advantage of this!!
Is there anyone else out there who agrees with me that it ain't worth upgrading to the 4 door in Canada?

kunia1

Passed Driver's Ed
I paid $31,500 for my 4-door. And all that stuff above was worth the extra, at least for me. Fender system is nice, I can't do without sunroof, plus bi-xenons/fog lights totally change the look of the car.
I was about to buy the 2 door version with sport package, but that was about 3k less than autobahn. Xenons/fogs and fender system alone where worth it. Then the price difference between 2 and 4 door was less than 1k, so I ended up with 4-door - I'm quite happy.

Edit: I know that here in Canada we always get shafted and can't pick our options - they're always bundled into some ridiculous upgrades. Saying that, if you break it all down into individual components that extra 5k is well worth it IMHO.

Last edited:

Phil1

Ready to race!
As usual we are getting screwed here in Canada compared to USA.
Do like me and send a complaint to VW Customer care. Price difference with USA is a shame, not even mentioning that we have only the choice between 4 colors for the GTI here. Canada, the country where you pay more for less.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
It's only $900 for the two door as 2 door to 4 door autobahn is $900. You just do not have option for base 4 door. The +$4,000 cost up for autobahn includes other items instead of the extra doors. Actually $900 for two door is not bad. If no one will sit in you back seat then get 2 door or fly down to USA and buy a base 4 door.