GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canada - MK7 GTI Fuel Line Recall

fluidd

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,

I just came back from VW Downtown dealership in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

They have notified me that there is a Fuel Line recall, and they are working on my vehicle as we speak.

I just wanted to notify everyone that has a MK7 GTI from Canada (North America) that they should call the dealership they got it from and get their vehicle worked on asap.

Just looking out for everyone! Sorry if this is a duplicate!

CdnX

Ready to race!
Hello All,

I just came back from VW Downtown dealership in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

They have notified me that there is a Fuel Line recall, and they are working on my vehicle as we speak.

I just wanted to notify everyone that has a MK7 GTI from Canada (North America) that they should call the dealership they got it from and get their vehicle worked on asap.

Just looking out for everyone! Sorry if this is a duplicate!

Good to know. I'll add it to my list of things I will want verified and fixed if necessary before I accept the car.
1. Wheel paint
2. Hood hinge paint
3. Fuel line recall

fluidd

Passed Driver's Ed
Good to know. I'll add it to my list of things I will want verified and fixed if necessary before I accept the car.
1. Wheel paint
2. Hood hinge paint
3. Fuel line recall

You reminded me. I still have to inspect my wheel paint also and see if I have that same issue everyone else is reporting.

Let us know your experience if they address it or not. Thanks!

CdnX

Ready to race!
You reminded me. I still have to inspect my wheel paint also and see if I have that same issue everyone else is reporting.

Let us know your experience if they address it or not. Thanks!

Haven't paid for the car so if they don't address the issue someone else can buy it. ;)

dluvbell

Ready to race!
Good to know!! I just sent an email to my salesperson. A question though...What if the salesperson says no about the recall? Who should I contact to get official confirm??

o-iii1

Ready to race!
I plugged my VIN into VW Canada and there is no recall on mine. Was yours an early production unit?

dluvbell

Ready to race!
I plugged my VIN into VW Canada and there is no recall on mine. Was yours an early production unit?

I picked up mine on the same date as yours and I assume our cars' built week is the same.

I contacted my salesperson and he said there is none.

I sent an email to a service manager at a different dealership and will receive a reply early coming week.

Question: How do you plug your vin into VW canada?

produce123

In Vancouver and just called my dealership. And indeed there are concerns with the fuel line in my 2015 GTI. However it is not a recall but rather it needed more insulation to prevent a fuel line rattle directly under the passenger seat. Will let you know how it went Friday afternoon after I get the work done.

As for now, no other issues or recalls on my VW. Love it so far. My fourth GTI and loving everyone more than the previous one. Cheers!

Adeleio

We'll...two days after we picked up ours, the car started hemorrhaging gas all over the road. I know I shouldn't have, but limped it 40 blocks and used a whole tank of gas. The car has now been in the shop for over a week still waiting on parts (new fuel pump and lines). Not bad for less than 500 k's eh? Apparently a clip holding the fuel line on was seated properly, and I have been told that the new lines and pump are just cautionary.

That being said, paying for a new car and not driving it is driving us nuts, especially since the parts may not arrive until early next week. That'll be two weeks in the shop.

The dealership is doing nothing, saying it's a manufacturing problem and therefore a VW problem. I've called corporate VW at the customer service line, and I might as well not have. All they do is call the service department and relay info I already know. I want them to do something about this, like maybe cover my next payment or two...but try getting someone on the phone that a.) gives a shit, and b.) has any power to do anything.

You couple that with the fact that all four of my wheels are missing the paint behind the spokes, and I'm starting to think this car was just thrown together haphazardly.

boshunter

We'll...two days after we picked up ours, the car started hemorrhaging gas all over the road. I know I shouldn't have, but limped it 40 blocks and used a whole tank of gas. The car has now been in the shop for over a week still waiting on parts (new fuel pump and lines). Not bad for less than 500 k's eh? Apparently a clip holding the fuel line on was seated properly, and I have been told that the new lines and pump are just cautionary.

That being said, paying for a new car and not driving it is driving us nuts, especially since the parts may not arrive until early next week. That'll be two weeks in the shop.

The dealership is doing nothing, saying it's a manufacturing problem and therefore a VW problem. I've called corporate VW at the customer service line, and I might as well not have. All they do is call the service department and relay info I already know. I want them to do something about this, like maybe cover my next payment or two...but try getting someone on the phone that a.) gives a shit, and b.) has any power to do anything.

You couple that with the fact that all four of my wheels are missing the paint behind the spokes, and I'm starting to think this car was just thrown together haphazardly.

I really think you should write an article to the newspaper or media. Did you manage to take some pictures of the gas leaking??
Pretty sure vw will do something for you if you let them know you are going to the press for this issue. After all this is their new product and don't want the news to affect sales.
Good luck, hope you get your car back soon!