GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can you turn off the outside temp warning in dash?

Sportbikemike

Go Kart Newbie
I looked through the infotainment and can't seem to find it. Just asking because I hate cold morning and my car dinging at me when the outside temp hits 39 degrees. It's annoying as he'll when it's right around 40 and every few minutes dips down and the car dings on the dash.
I'd really hate to get an OBD11 just for that

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You can't turn it off. But you can lower it down low enough that it will never go off, unless you live in an absolutely horrible place.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
17 Instruments
16 Security code 20103
10 Adaptations
(9)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_exit_temperature
(10)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_entry_temperature

Lowest you can set it to is -9°.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
While it can be annoying, it's kind of an important alert that the roads could have ice on them if you weren't checking the temperature on the dash. If you set it to -9 degrees, you're probably already too late to slow down for that upcoming curve on that early morning dark mountain pass road....

If you got an OBD11 you'd use it for way more than just this though. It's an essential tool in my opinion. Get one and you won't regret it.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Same question about the low washer fluid alarm.
Do you keep the car parked outside (eg no garage)? I remember how annoying that was when I lived in an apartment. Would go off everytime I went over a bump lol

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Do you keep the car parked outside (eg no garage)? I remember how annoying that was when I lived in an apartment. Would go off everytime I went over a bump lol
I garage it. But yeah, it happens over and over on a drive. I fill the fluid up when it’s low, but if I’m on a long drive and the low level is hit, it’s really annoying…

starsmith

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Urano Grey GTI
1670343659390.png