GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can you change the oil without jacks/ramps?

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Or you can use one of these

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Show off.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I totally get the "Hmming and Haaing" over buying race ramps. They're pricey, and of course it's even worse if you're buying them to cross a border. I've bought a cheapie set of metal
ones. Used them once. F that noise.

A couple of 2x10s or 2x12s is a hell of a lot cheaper, for the same effect.
To heck with race ramps they're nice but very overpriced I'm using Sceptre ramps, they're plastic, rated to like 12000lbs, and only cost me like 60 bucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Didn't think they'd fit under a gti or our chevy volt.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
If you're stock height on the GTI they fit otherwise you'll need a small length of 2x12.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
If you're stock height on the GTI they fit otherwise you'll need a small length of 2x12.

Ah. Yeah, I thought that's what I remembered. That's why I opted to just build out of 2x12s instead. "If I'm going to have to add some lumber anyway, why not just make it out of lumber?" I had race ramps in my amazon cart for like, 17 straight years. Eventually built the ramps to see what version of dogbone mount I had, and easily re and re the jb4.

Nice to have them after feeling like I needed ramps for so long, but just not being able to pull the trigger on the ones that would work in all scenarios.