GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can we talk logistics of FCPEuro's "Lifetime Replacement"?

1970something

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm planning on starting to use FCPEuro for consumables mostly due to their lifetime replacement guarantee. People who use this service, how are y'all mailing things like oil and brake rotors back to FCP? I don't really do any shipping but it seems like this could be expensive to the point where it's not worth it. It would be awesome if folks could share the shipping service(s) they use and the ballpark costs associated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've seen a lot of people swear by it but it's still hard to believe. Especially the things like used engine oil.

1970something

Passed Driver's Ed
At this point I believe that they will take the items back and give me the refund; I’m just not sure if it will be worth the money and effort.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Only item is Plugs for $150+ and if you change them every 15K and after shipping the old ones would take 4 iterations or 60K miles to just break even for what you could get them for elsewhere.
If you are good with paying up front for the long term you may cater to the idea.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Only item is Plugs for $150+ and if you change them every 15K and after shipping the old ones would take 4 iterations or 60K miles to just break even for what you could get them for elsewhere.
If you are good with paying up front for the long term you may cater to the idea.

I don't get that. They even warranty engine oil. What is the $150 + for spark plugs? You could return spark plugs for less than $10.

1970something

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not too sure what Hollywood is saying. I would imagine for something tiny like spark plugs, it would be really cheap to mail them back and you basically have spark plugs for life after you pay $150.

I’m more asking about large and/or heavy items like 5L oil jugs or brake rotors.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I am not too sure what Hollywood is saying. I would imagine for something tiny like spark plugs, it would be really cheap to mail them back and you basically have spark plugs for life after you pay $150.

I’m more asking about large and/or heavy items like 5L oil jugs or brake rotors.

Do you mean the only spark plugs they sell under the warranty costs $150? I've seen several guys post that they returned used oil. I think they are offering the warranty because a lot of the items are high mileage items and they are counting on people not keeping the car long enough to worry about replacing item.

1970something

Passed Driver's Ed
I hadn’t looked until just now. They appear to have a variety of plugs in the $10-20 range (per plug). So I’m not sure where the $150 figure came from.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I got my plugs from FCPEuro for about $6 each (Bosch).

I’ll agree that for heavy items/oil, the lifetime replacement policy doesn’t really provide much extra value unless you can drop it off in person but they will still honor their policy. Same with wipers due to odd shape. But their prices are about equal to everywhere else and their customer support has been great to me so far. Just ordered replacement brake pads recently (boxster setup) so I’ll be saving $100-shipping of pads which is still a good deal.