GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can someone help me with clutch questions please.

#dvrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone just curious about good recommendations for clutches. The stock ome seems to be pretty shitty. I was racing 1/4 clutch was sticking to the floor and just wasn't going great for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Haus of Dub
RSR
Sachs SRE

All 3 have been listed on this forum quite a bit and have very positive feedback

DWSParts

What issues have you had with SB? I know personally most of our members are on stage 2 or higher tunes now in the FB group and have had 0 issues with the SB clutches... So Im curious as to why it wouldn't be recommended.

I dont frequent the forums personally, so I know there is an "entirely" different member basis...

elamothe15

Ready to race!
What issues have you had with SB? I know personally most of our members are on stage 2 or higher tunes now in the FB group and have had 0 issues with the SB clutches... So Im curious as to why it wouldn't be recommended.

I dont frequent the forums personally, so I know there is an "entirely" different member basis...

Here is a large thread which discusses SB and suggested clutches.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18285&highlight=apr+clutch+ital

DWSParts

Meh - Chatter and issues from previous generations dont really change my mind... Of course there is chatter, you're ditching the dual mass flywheel and going with something much heavier duty than OEM/OEM components -

Personally speaking - I wouldnt want to replace with a clutch that couldnt hold the power I make (Uni Stage 2) Ill be replacing my clutch in the next few months now that Im around 8,000 miles and will more than likely go with SB Stg 2 Daily for the simple fact that I have 15-20 customers on the same clutch with Stage 2 without any issues at all (on the Daily) we have customers on the Endurance/Drag set ups as well without issue -

I believe the only issues Ive seen are Comp Clutch (who make BFI) and 1 Clutchmasters issue

Im not sure what folks do here with their cars etc - I just know from first hand knowledge on the MK7 platform etc.

Good to get more perspectives though - are you Stage 2?