GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can someone help confirm these tunes will work for my 2019 R?

RLynch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hi all, looking at a downpipe and a used AP that has EQT stage 2 ECU and DSG tunes on it. He claims it was from a 2017 S3 (which according to EQT would NOT be compatible with my 2019 R). However, the DSG box code and the engine code match my codes that I pulled from OBD11 so does that mean it would work? This guy could also just be mistaken of the year S3 that he got the AP from. Any input is appreciated!
20230123_234550515_iOS.jpg
20230124_210045000_iOS.png
20230124_210057000_iOS.png

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How do you "mistake" what car you had?

Anywho, 2019+ cars run Simos 18.10. 8V0906259Q is Simos18.10. So yes, that pic is a tune for a Simos 18.10 car. I'd be more concerned that this person actually has the AP and this isn't just some random pic and they're running a scam. "I don't know what car this came from." Why would you even??????

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
So wait, the seller of the AP doesn't know what car he has that the AP was installed to? I can be drunk and half asleep and still tell you that I have a 2017 VW GTI and 2021 Jetta R Line. How do you NOT know that ??

RLynch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I forgot to include some more context. The guy had bought it from someone else hoping he could use it but couldnt, and he said that he believed the previous owner had a 2017 so I expect he could just be wrong. I had just bought some coilovers from him the other day and met him in person and let me know hes also selling the AP and stuff so not too concerned with a scam here.
Thanks for that info about the version on 2019 cars so looks like it should work.
How do you "mistake" what car you had?

Anywho, 2019+ cars run Simos 18.10. 8V0906259Q is Simos18.10. So yes, that pic is a tune for a Simos 18.10 car. I'd be more concerned that this person actually has the AP and this isn't just some random pic and they're running a scam. "I don't know what car this came from." Why would you even??????

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Well its got 6 speed and 7 speed dsg tunes on it so maybe it lived life tuning both 18.1 and 18.10
looks like the dq250 tunes are the ots ones from cobb.
@RLynch you can definitely use both the ecu and tcu files on the AP that screenshot is from. if you're meeting up in person i would just have him verify the files first and if they match that picture you're 100% fine.

RLynch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
looks like the dq250 tunes are the ots ones from cobb.
@RLynch you can definitely use both the ecu and tcu files on the AP that screenshot is from. if you're meeting up in person i would just have him verify the files first and if they match that picture you're 100% fine.
Thanks! Will definitely be verifying the files in person.