GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can someone explain the MK7.5 and 7.5’s pcv magic?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Put it in a glass and let it sit for a week then take a picture...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have experience here

the boxer motor design is full of drama. The bottom end fights gravity way harder than an inline 4. Meth can be done only if the bottom end is built. But you’ll want direct port. Post throttle

you can also do pre throttle too but the problem with pre is it runs best at a 75% mix but your adding more points of failure since it has to be piped after the turbo and as far from the intercooler as possible.

eventually and possibly, the pressure can create a lean situation of the nozzle gets loose.

I get that the Subaru is a challenging platform, I built 3 of them, 02 WRX, 05 STi and 08 STI, but even if our engines are more robust, there isn't zero risk. For most people, it just isn't worth it.

I won't comment on the mk6, because that's a completely different set of varible, but for the mk7...
If you track, regulations may keep you sidelined.
If you're DDing, getting a valve cleaning at 50k miles is probably cheaper, easier and less risk and most people don't keep cars beyond 100k.
It's not zero risk.

I'd consider it if I drag raced, but I'd have a separate tune for the track and not run it on the street.

That's my opinion. My plan is CRC valve cleaner every 10,000 miles and the BL version of the PCV. I guess I'll know if that works in 36,000 miles or so.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I assume the fuel water and oil would separate after a week no?

I imagine that what Jim's got is mostly water with a bit of oil mixed in - and the oil will separate out. Dont need a lab report for that. Will be interesting to see what blackstone says though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If it's gas and oil, it will not separate, correct?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I get that the Subaru is a challenging platform, I built 3 of them, 02 WRX, 05 STi and 08 STI, but even if our engines are more robust, there isn't zero risk. For most people, it just isn't worth it.

I won't comment on the mk6, because that's a completely different set of varible, but for the mk7...
If you track, regulations may keep you sidelined.
If you're DDing, getting a valve cleaning at 50k miles is probably cheaper, easier and less risk and most people don't keep cars beyond 100k.
It's not zero risk.

I'd consider it if I drag raced, but I'd have a separate tune for the track and not run it on the street.

That's my opinion. My plan is CRC valve cleaner every 10,000 miles and the BL version of the PCV. I guess I'll know if that works in 36,000 miles or so.
Oh I agree on the risky part. With Subaru’s the risk can be higher due to the nature of the boxer layout. It isn’t a v-boxer after all.

personally I’ll just wait till 40k and just get it all blasted. And swap out the pcv contraption for a new one while I’m at it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The risk you guys keep referring to is based on the end user and the tuner deciding to tune the car to make it DEPENDENT on the WMI, to an excessive degree. It Jim were to add a single nozzle set up he would not need to adjust the tune, unless he wanted to. And no with a single nozzle pre throttle setup the car will not get overly rich as the WMI is quite atomized by the time reached the chamber, with that same note without actually checking who knows how affective it will be with valve cleaning also.

I spray 1000cc of meth with my dual nozzle setup (am in the process of adding MPI to the car now, but will still spray the meth for the Charge air cooling benefits)

But I have not looked at the Backside of the valves to see the results, I will in a few weeks though when I pull the intake.

All the mk6 talk... I still own a 2013 GLI,lol that PVC systems downfalls is why people even buy into the “CC needs” on our platform now, my car was Constantly having misfire issues due to carbon... did physical clean at 65k to fix misfire issues(Changed intake at the time too), then again at 95k to fix then, then at 115 Change intake again 😂 and they were fully gunked up at that time to. .

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The risk you guys keep referring to is based on the end user and the tuner deciding to tune the car to make it DEPENDENT on the WMI, to an excessive degree. It Jim were to add a single nozzle set up he would not need to adjust the tune, unless he wanted to. And no with a single nozzle pre throttle setup the car will not get overly rich as the WMI is quite atomized by the time reached the chamber, with that same note without actually checking who knows how affective it will be with valve cleaning also.

I spray 1000cc of meth with my dual nozzle setup (am in the process of adding MPI to the car now, but will still spray the meth for the Charge air cooling benefits)

But I have not looked at the Backside of the valves to see the results, I will in a few weeks though when I pull the intake.

All the mk6 talk... I still own a 2013 GLI,lol that PVC systems downfalls is why people even buy into the “CC needs” on our platform now, my car was Constantly having misfire issues due to carbon... did physical clean at 65k to fix misfire issues(Changed intake at the time too), then again at 95k to fix then, then at 115 Change intake again 😂 and they were fully gunked up at that time to. .
No. The risk I was referring to myself was the risk of adding a possible point of failure

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
New thread : String broke on black ice air freshener, stained dash. Pls help. :LOL:

No joke, wife spilled liquid air freshener on the center console in the A4 she had in 2001. It melted the soft coating off and into the plastic. She learned her lesson, no air fresheners allowed in our cars.