GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can someone explain the MK7.5 and 7.5’s pcv magic?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
1603849275157.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Typically talking about big turbos running 30ish psi or more, but guys with bigger turbos would be a better resource for that info, I'm tracking the car on the stock turbo and stg 1.
Thanks for the info!

I plan on tracking with stage 1, stage 1 dsg, intercooler

I’ve been tracking with my wrx this past spring and summer and it’s been a blast! 5th fastest stock turbo wrx at high plains :)

any opinion on intercoolers would be appreciated if u can spare the time

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Because a bigger air oil separator must mean more winning? This thing is so wimpy wimpy, CCs are Hefty Hefty.
Im from subaru land, and i have installed my share of air oil separators. even the crappy cheap small ones are solid as hell. my neighbor built a ej257 bug eye just for the track and he went with an air oil separator that pumps in the baffled air into a catch can and back into the motor and turbo ccv. just for insurance, yet even after almost three years the catch can stays clean.

we did go with an aos that pumps in and flows radiator fluid on the exterior and back to the radiator. this keeps the aos warm and it handles condensation.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
On the MK7, unless driven pretty aggressively on a track - CCs tend to stay clean unless they delete the whole PVC system. Then they see use as they're acting as the PVC. MK6s on the other hand, had crappy factory PVC and you could empty out a CC every couple weeks with long miles and street driving.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Though if you're driving hard, you're more than likely doing early/pre-emptive oil changes anyhow. So what is the issue with letting the liquid go through the oil return?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just go water meth, then you'll get a nice mist over your valves and won't have to worry about buildup. At least that was the logic on the MK6, but the stock PCV sucked on the MK6 so you options were water meth or CC.

Isn't the water/meth only getting injected at a certain throttle input?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
On the MK7, unless driven pretty aggressively on a track - CCs tend to stay clean unless they delete the whole PVC system. Then they see use as they're acting as the PVC. MK6s on the other hand, had crappy factory PVC and you could empty out a CC every couple weeks with long miles and street driving.
Yeah I’ve heard

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Though if you're driving hard, you're more than likely doing early/pre-emptive oil changes anyhow. So what is the issue with letting the liquid go through the oil return?
I dunno. The oil that drains back to the engine will look like a chocolate milkshake. It’ll be unspent fuel mixed with condensation and oil. People say they don’t want that nasty stuff back in their oil pan. But that’s dumb

if your oil is up to temp it’ll burn all that off the second it drops and recirculates back in.