GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can someone advice

Paresh1uk

Car(s)
Vw Golf mk7 R Line
hey People
hope all are well
Can someone please help as I've been getting this message with a warning light keeps popping up now and again. I have only had this car for 6 days.
'vehicle status : error: workshop
Only leave vehicle in position P '
Its a mk7 golf 1.4 r line dsg 2016

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
No idea without a scan of the fault codes..take it back to the dealer or person you bought it from ...sale of goods act etc...they have to sort it not you...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I did use an obd and no fault codes showed up

Some of the cheap & free programs don't work correctly with the new CAN BUS on the MK7...

There is a common problem with the micro switch on the DSG gearshift selector...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Paresh1uk

Car(s)
Vw Golf mk7 R Line
Omg. The seller has given me a 1 year warranty with the car. Will it not cover this issue? And is it ok to drive the car? Just took it to get air con gassed up as it was not ice cold and the warning notification did not show up at all. Im going to vw today for something else anyway

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Omg. The seller has given me a 1 year warranty with the car. Will it not cover this issue? And is it ok to drive the car? Just took it to get air con gassed up as it was not ice cold and the warning notification did not show up at all. Im going to vw today for something else anyway

Its a well known problem....sale of goods act covers you as that fault must have been present before sale & if not then they still have to cover it as well within 30days...you need to give the buyer a rocket...either they sort it or you reject the car...& put it in writing & recorded delivery if needs be.....& the air con should have been sorted by the buyer also....

looks like you have a car with a few problems I hope you got it cheap....

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
This was determined to be a safety issue by the NHTSA (US) which turned into an official VW recall (Compliance Recall 37L5 – Shift Lever Micro Switch)

Description: Possible failure of the micro switch in the shift lever due to increased resistance caused by silicate contamination on the contact surface.
Identification: In some of the affected models an audible warning sound and failure message and/or a warning light may appear in instrument cluster while the vehicle is in motion, due to the micro switch failure.

The error you're receiving is worded slightly different (I had this issue in my 2018), so I'm not entirely sure it's the same issue. However, the primary reason for the safety recall... The failure of the micro switch allowed a driver to remove their key from the ignition without the car being in Park. I would argue with VW that this should be fixed immediately (and at no cost to you) if it is indeed the same issue.

Paresh1uk

Car(s)
Vw Golf mk7 R Line
Its a well known problem....sale of goods act covers you as that fault must have been present before sale & if not then they still have to cover it as well within 30days...you need to give the buyer a rocket...either they sort it or you reject the car...& put it in writing & recorded delivery if needs be.....& the air con should have been sorted by the buyer also....

looks like you have a car with a few problems I hope you got it cheap....
Thanks for your reply. I spoke with a technician at VW yesterday and he said its the contact when you put car in park which is faulty. Not a major issue I was told and could be done with the warranty also air con was gassed up for free there as well as I met someone from back in the day who knew my uncle and they worked together at VW Dovercourt in East London some 30 years ago. He also got the head technician to thoroughly give the car a once over, test drive and plugged in the computer for any issues. All good and he said the car is one of the best conditions he has ever seen mechanical and superb bodywork. All history, services & MOT done by previous owner was done at VW Northampton and verified. So i am happy 😊

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for your reply. I spoke with a technician at VW yesterday and he said its the contact when you put car in park which is faulty. Not a major issue I was told and could be done with the warranty also air con was gassed up for free there as well as I met someone from back in the day who knew my uncle and they worked together at VW Dovercourt in East London some 30 years ago. He also got the head technician to thoroughly give the car a once over, test drive and plugged in the computer for any issues. All good and he said the car is one of the best conditions he has ever seen mechanical and superb bodywork. All history, services & MOT done by previous owner was done at VW Northampton and verified. So i am happy 😊

Fully sorted & under warranty...that's good & how it should be....