GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I use "VW care" at any VW dealer ?

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Long story short I bought a leftover '19 that has "VW Care" basic included in the price (10K and 20K service) from a dealer far away from me. I live very close to another dealer and wanted to use that service there. Would that be an issue ? Also, the car calls for an oil change (over 1 year old) but I only have about 3,000 miles, will this qualify for the first "10K" service ? I am going to call the service department and ask but I wanted to see if anyone had similar experience because a lot of times they give out incorrect info.

Thanks in advance!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
As long as it wasn't a dealer exclusive then yes. Just like warranty work you can go to any dealer.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Perfect, thank you. Both dealers are high volume VW certified dealerships, the "VW care" is printed on the sticker so it is attached to the VIN. Hopefully they will honor it since it is no where near close to 10K but over 1 year and maintenance reminder comes on.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Another question, when should I change the oil ? I called the service department and they said to wait and reset the oil change reminder or ignore it...I believe the car was produced in 08/2019, sat at the dealer until 05/2020. I had it since and it has about 3K miles on the ODO. Thinking of just paying out of pocket and having it changed in the next month or so, around 4-5K...? So basically I would pay for the oil change at around 5K and use the 10K pre paid VW care service after ? Then pay for 15K oil change and use the 20K pre paid VW care service ? There is no way I am going to wait 10K to change the oil.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Another question, when should I change the oil ? I called the service department and they said to wait and reset the oil change reminder or ignore it...I believe the car was produced in 08/2019, sat at the dealer until 05/2020. I had it since and it has about 3K miles on the ODO. Thinking of just paying out of pocket and having it changed in the next month or so, around 4-5K...?

Pretty sure the manual says every 10,000 miles. I change mine every 4000.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
I also own a 2019 Golf 1.4 that currently just turned 10K miles.

My sticker also included the 10/20k VW Care so am wanting
to have oil/filter changed

I changed the oil/filter myself at 5K with (VW508spec) LIQUIMOLY Top Tec6200 0-20W
and a MAHLE Filter................Neither of which are inexpensive

1) As different VW dealers use different brands of oil how can I be comfortable
that my local dealer will install a VW508 oil. Should I ask to SEE documentation
that his bulk oil supplier has the right spec oil

2) How/where can I find other 508 Oil (and Filters) that are lower cost LIQUIMOLY ????

Thanks, Chuck S Auburn,WA

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I also own a 2019 Golf 1.4 that currently just turned 10K miles.

My sticker also included the 10/20k VW Care so am wanting
to have oil/filter changed

I changed the oil/filter myself at 5K with (VW508spec) LIQUIMOLY Top Tec6200 0-20W
and a MAHLE Filter................Neither of which are inexpensive

1) As different VW dealers use different brands of oil how can I be comfortable
that my local dealer will install a VW508 oil. Should I ask to SEE documentation

2) How/where can I find other 508 Oil (and Filters) that are lower cost LIQUIMOLY ????

Thanks, Chuck S Auburn,WA
Mobile 1 ESP 0w20 seems to be the cheapest brand I’ve found.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
As different VW dealers use different brands of oil how can I be comfortable

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
When I bought my new 2019 GTI this Memorial Day the oil light came on the day after I brought it home because it was 1 year old. I called the dealership and they told me to bring it in and changed the oil for free. (At least they said they changed the oil.)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
As different VW dealers use different brands of oil how can I be comfortable
You can ask. Yeah. It’s your right

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I had my local dealer, which I did not purchase the car from, change mine at 5K under the VW care program instead of 10K. It was in for warranty work and the service advisor also thought it was a good idea since my 2019 was close to required service based on time.

And they listed 508 spec oil on the repair order.