GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I use any VW SD card for the navigation?

DJ-GTD

Car(s)
Golf GTD MK7.5
Hi all,

I've just picked up a 67 plate (late 2017) Golf GTD MK7.5, however unfortunately the previous owner took the SD card for the navigation. It has the standard 8" Discover Media system and digital dash.

Can I buy any VW approved SD card from eBay and then update it from VW's website or do I need a specific card/version?

There was an empty box in the car, part no: 3G0 919 866 BC, though I'm not sure if this is the correct SD card for the car?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

DJ-GTD

Car(s)
Golf GTD MK7.5
Any help please? Just need to know what SD card part number someone has from a MK7.5 to make sure I'm buying the right one.

golfdave

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT Estate
What does the handbook say?....I know for the older MIB1 you have to have a VW SD card from the dealer.....& if the previous owner has taken the SD card basically he has NOT handed over the car as sold..ie the Sat Nav not working....so have a go at the place you bought the car from....

DJ-GTD

Car(s)
Golf GTD MK7.5
What does the handbook say?....I know for the older MIB1 you have to have a VW SD card from the dealer.....& if the previous owner has taken the SD card basically he has NOT handed over the car as sold..ie the Sat Nav not working....so have a go at the place you bought the car from....
Unfortunately the handbook doesn't mention which SD is needed, just that one is needed. I got in contact with the company who sold the car and they didn't receive the SD card from the owner before them - my fault obviously for not checking, I thought it just needed an update!

golfdave

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT Estate
I know the old "Pro" version just required any brand of SD card as it wasn't "locked" to the sat nav unit.....Don't know about the MIB2.5 units..

Baka

I think you need a VW SD card for Discovery Media V2.

I just bought and had to return an V2 card because it won't work in my 2014 car, I guess I need the V1 card.

Ahg72

Car(s)
MK7 TDI Retrofited
Hi all,

I've just picked up a 67 plate (late 2017) Golf GTD MK7.5, however unfortunately the previous owner took the SD card for the navigation. It has the standard 8" Discover Media system and digital dash.

Can I buy any VW approved SD card from eBay and then update it from VW's website or do I need a specific card/version?

There was an empty box in the car, part no: 3G0 919 866 BC, though I'm not sure if this is the correct SD card for the car?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
What´s your Infotainment Part Number?