GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I safely do an APR Stage 1 Tune on my new 2021 GTI 6-speed

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
The real question is, what made you lease a car!?

lol, I think leasing a car is similar to "leasing" changing phones every year to the newest one. Basically you just want to stay with current times with the technology the newest cars have to offer. With that also comes basically what should be a headache free "borrowing" until your time is up. You're under warranty and letting go of the car before that time is up. Similar to renting an apartment, mostly repairs are off of you and it should be maintenance free.

Like renting though, you don't have the freedom to do whatever you want. That's the trade off. Everything has it's pros and cons in life and nothing is an ideal/perfect situation. For this car however, the ultimate con is that it was pretty much made to be tweaked/modified and being stuck to the lease makes you paranoid to put a penny in it.

kBoi

Car(s)
2020 GTI S
It depends on your plans with the car. I lease most every car, do whatever I want with it, then trade it in elsewhere whenever I feel like I’m done with it.

I leased my GTi, and had APR rsb, APR Coilovers, and APR plus added within 200 miles of rolling off the lot. I have the right to buy the car at any point in the lease, and if I want to trade it to a GMC dealer in 6 months, I have that option too; “leasing” isn’t what most people understand it to be.

OP, do what you want based on your plans, long-term.