GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I get some help?

Metbcy

Car(s)
Golf Tsi/IS20Swapped
Ok story is last night my car was parked at my job and it flooded and I messed up by trying to drive out and I was shifting gears and drove out of a river. Immediately after I had a code that went away, which was a cylinder misfire. Now I try to drive and the clutch barely engages, I have to use all my force to go from first to second and third to fourth. While driving in the highway at a constant speed it reacts well but I can feel it slip if I floor it. Do I just need a new clutch or is there more here? (I know I was Dumb by trying but we all make irrational decisions after 10 hour shifts in the pouring rain)
Please help me out guys.
*note* engine seems fine, it revs out as normal and I’m not throwing anymore codes

MKVII 2015 Golf Tsi Launch Edition 5M/T

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I would say it passed the middle of the base of the wheel, definitely above the splash guard.

I don't see how that could ruin anything but I could be wrong. Maybe after your clutch dries out it will be fine. If you still have warranty on the car, you can always take it in to get it looked at.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Ok story is last night my car was parked at my job and it flooded and I messed up by trying to drive out and I was shifting gears and drove out of a river. Immediately after I had a code that went away, which was a cylinder misfire. Now I try to drive and the clutch barely engages, I have to use all my force to go from first to second and third to fourth. While driving in the highway at a constant speed it reacts well but I can feel it slip if I floor it. Do I just need a new clutch or is there more here? (I know I was Dumb by trying but we all make irrational decisions after 10 hour shifts in the pouring rain)
Please help me out guys.
*note* engine seems fine, it revs out as normal and I’m not throwing anymore codes

MKVII 2015 Golf Tsi Launch Edition 5M/T
When you say "all your force", you mean on the shifter or on the clutch? and is it only 1->2 and 3->4 or every shift?