GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can anyone tell me where the auxiliary water pump is located on my gti mk7 2015

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know where the aux pump is on a 15 vw gti s?
and can you reach it from the top?
thanks

Last edited:

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
How about on an 18 SE?. I've never heard one run after I shut the car off since new and that's in Phoenix at 115 degrees.
yeah its the last part of my watercooling to break, so waterpump, thermostat housing. 6 leaks and now the aux pump lol,
im talking to vw trying to get them to pay for it, since its been the whole system,

from what i can find about aux pumps, it seems to support the heater core and runs after shut off, i found a thread of people deleting them on mk6s and such

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
yeah its the last part of my watercooling to break, so waterpump, thermostat housing. 6 leaks and now the aux pump lol,
im talking to vw trying to get them to pay for it, since its been the whole system,

from what i can find about aux pumps, it seems to support the heater core and runs after shut off, i found a thread of people deleting them on mk6s and such
no codes came up on dash, it had a code in ecu saying it failed, but it technically shouldve came up on dash, so mine couldve been bad for months

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

So when it was working could you hear it when you shut the car off? I'll find out if I have one because in our weather I want it to help cool the turbo down.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Are u getting a stock battery? I was thinking of upgrading mine when it dies soon

Yes. I have the auto stop/start so it's got a huge battery but I unplug the stop/start connector. Plus the price was as good as the aftermarket batteries and they will do the adaptation also.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just wanted to come in and mention that when I took my car in for a coolant leak, they replaced all three components (not sure if they couldn't pinpoint the leak or what and just threw everything they could at it...). Also have a 2015. Work order parts listed below. The second "water pump" in the list comes up as "Engine Auxiliary Water Pump."

To answer the OP's question, no I have no idea where it's located haha.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Just wanted to come in and mention that when I took my car in for a coolant leak, they replaced all three components (not sure if they couldn't pinpoint the leak or what and just threw everything they could at it...). Also have a 2015. Work order parts listed below. The second "water pump" in the list comes up as "Engine Auxiliary Water Pump."

To answer the OP's question, no I have no idea where it's located haha.

Man I wish my dealer did that,