GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can anyone help?

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
So I just bought a 2015 gti 4 door with 152000 miles. The car has a lot of parts on it with it sitting around 400hp. So anyways the torque mount or “dogbone” mount snapped and i didn’t realize until later on when I heard a scraping noise coming from underneath the car. The car also has a shredded up belt and it leaked almost all of the coolant out. I feel like it was a domino effect of stuff breaking but I’m not too sure and was hoping to get some feedback, thank you!
C0131D03-3071-4360-8F11-535BA277A0F5.jpeg
35ECC263-D9CB-4462-9B06-B9DEA7BB3F27.jpeg
26C565AB-5D84-4081-83BC-57E8F9485B90.png

Last edited:

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
I was wondering if the belt being shredded was because of the mount breaking or if something else caused it to happen

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Probably crapped out OE mounts allowed too much motor movement, snapped the pendulum arm causing the serpentine belt to make contact with the radiator fittings.
Have you checked for any coolant loss? Looks pretty moist around that area.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Probably crapped out OE mounts allowed too much motor movement, snapped the pendulum arm causing the serpentine belt to make contact with the radiator fittings.
Have you checked for any coolant loss? Looks pretty moist around that area.
Cts mount*

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Did it just rub a hole in the radiator hose(s)?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Looks like he lost a headlight too?

Ryanw0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen gti
I got the belt, coolant and a performance mount kit ordered today and on Thursday I’m going to order the connector, thank you for all of the help!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
This same thing happened to someone who incorrectly installed their dogbone mount insert so I'd venture to say that is the root cause and only issue

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Luckily doesnt look like too much damage and relatively easy job to get everything fixed up. Chances are you probably needed a new serp belt anyway for general maintenance. Good luck.