GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can anyone help me identify this sound? Clicking somewhere behind glove box on start up.

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
When I crank the car to start it - sometimes this happens immediately after the car turns on.

Clicking somewhere behind glove box on far right side.

Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it clicks longer, faster, slower, or shorter.

Does anyone know if this is a serious issue with something that I need to get address?

Thanks!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/coo2MQ6-jjU?feature=share

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
Maybe it's related to this

Thats it! Thank you. Mine only clicks a little so maybe it's on its way to failure.

Edit: Yikes, $200+ for such a small part and looks like a pain to DIY.

How important do you think this part is? I could live with the knocking sound :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

edsonmassao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
How important do you think this part is? I could live with the knocking sound
The ticking sound is really annoying but if you can live with that I don't see major issues to leave as it is now. I think you won't be able to redirect the air flow through the vents or foot area when it really stops to work too...

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
FWIW-
I had this failure JUST after the warranty period on our '15 GTI S
No joy with the dealer for a warranty repair---figures...
At the time I didn't want to spend the $200 for the replacement valve and simply disconnected the damn thing using a LONG screw driver to depress the tang on the connector with a SLIGHT pull on the wires....
All other air flow redirect controls work as designed--no issues. Also the re circulation icon stills lights when the switch is depressed.
PS--I've YET to replace that valve---too lazy

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I say keep it interesting and tell new passengers a little gnome is trapped in there and he wants out.