GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Called out by a Stinger GT!

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got called out by a stinger GT AWD (CAI, Catback) today on FB. I challenged him to come out and he actually did! Did a couple pulls at 40 and 50 and I put a couple busses on him by 100/110. Did some digs too just for the hell of it and we traded 1 for 1 (he messed up his launch on the first and I messed up mine on the 2nd). End story: He apologizes to the FB page and admits defeat hahahahahaha. Wants to go again after he gets tuned. Should I be worried? I don't think I am - it just wasn't even close.

I'm mk7 GTI Strat e30 custom tuned with FBO, stock is20, weight reduction.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
whats the weight reduction your running? and yes I would be worried from a tuned stinger, quick search shows they can gain +50hp and they are stock around 250-350 depending on model so it could be near 400?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Got called out by a stinger GT AWD (CAI, Catback) today on FB. I challenged him to come out and he actually did! Did a couple pulls at 40 and 50 and I put a couple busses on him by 100/110. Did some digs too just for the hell of it and we traded 1 for 1 (he messed up his launch on the first and I messed up mine on the 2nd). End story: He apologizes to the FB page and admits defeat hahahahahaha. Wants to go again after he gets tuned. Should I be worried? I don't think I am - it just wasn't even close.

I'm mk7 GTI Strat e30 custom tuned with FBO, stock is20, weight reduction.

Nice kill. Surprised he admitted he lost lol.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
whats the weight reduction your running? and yes I would be worried from a tuned stinger, quick search shows they can gain +50hp and they are stock around 250-350 depending on model so it could be near 400?
I looked them up and saw some making 460+ whp on stock turbos

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
thats a lot. I think is20 fbo eblend and weight reduction would be close with anything at 420-450, 460+ is gonna be a no for me lol
An all wheel drive stinger gt weighs 4,000lbs though. That's about 9lbs per hp. You only need about 360hp in a GTI to get to the same power/weight ratio. All wheel drive will get you from a dig, but a FBO eblend GTI should still win in a roll race.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just looking at the Kia leader board on Dragy, a Stinger with a JB4 or Tork tune will run low 12s/high 11s in the 1/4 and sub-4 0-60. Trap speed (b/c that's all the roll racing guys seem to care about) is in the ~115 range. My opinion, tuned you won't touch him from a dig but you may beat him rolling. No shocker. 2 different cars for 2 different purposes. Big grand tourer vs. a hot hatch.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Idk, quick search one went 11.6@120.8 stock turbos. Then one at 11.5@118 with just a JB4-meth, and muffler delete on 93 octane. Those were actual time slips, not Dragy.
Looking at them now, I sorta like them (wouldn’t buy one) reminds me of a baby RS7 is a way.

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
there are 2 yellow ones at a shop right near me, im pretty sure one of the guys goes to some meets I have been to (2 times). I know they are quick and would think you better be ready.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
There's a guy in our local group that drives a kia he built up. He's got a big ego and loves to put other people down by beating them in a race with his kia. It's funny though, he seems to do pretty well.

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Already been done take a look at the first race in this video. STINGER was RWD with downpipes, intakes and JB4 tuned. GTI was tuned on e30 with just spare tire out and still on STOCK all season tires. OH and this gti is 6speed