GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

California will start scanning for ECU tune when you get a Smog!!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You do and I guess I could just upgrade and when the time comes sell the car but I bought a relatively newer car so I can keep it for a while. I like to drive my cars till they die.
You can still do that just save the parts you'll need to revert to stock when the time comes to go to emissions. I see a lot of threads with guys needing the stock downpipe etc to pass emissions. And you don't need MPI to have a 450 HP car with a hybrid turbo. Get the bolt ons and an EQT turbo and tune and you'll be there. Guys that go MPI are building to 500+ HP and those are the guys I see with engine problems.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
You can still do that just save the parts you'll need to revert to stock when the time comes to go to emissions. I see a lot of threads with guys needing the stock downpipe etc to pass emissions. And you don't need MPI to have a 450 HP car with a hybrid turbo. Get the bolt ons and an EQT turbo and tune and you'll be there. Guys that go MPI are building to 500+ HP and those are the guys I see with engine problems.
True, but I I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle. This is also not knowing how the testing is going to be. If this stock tune stuff can be bypassed then I'll be all for it.