GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

california new law

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Just wow what? I'm not the only one who has said that.

I added more.

the wow was for the notion that we should ignore net subsidies per person, and focus only on gross subsidy.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
make statement. presented with facts to the contrary. jump through hoops in logic to insist original statement is true.

....to some degree I envy the self-confidence
I only posted the gross amount. And it's a true statement. I'm not arguing about the net.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Damn Bront, you sure Zrickety’d this one up...

View attachment 219755

And, let’s see who the worst is..

View attachment 219756

Looks like we’d be good to cut off some of the fat and get rid of Virginia. The federal government subsidies one Virginian for every 858 Californians.

Hey, @JerseyDrew77, don’t you live in Virginia? What point were you trying to make about California above?
Yeah, I live in Virginia. What's your point? I could care less about your damn stats and who gets what. Don't quote me on this but I believe Virginia has the most military bases/stations and personnel so that's why they are at the top, genius, and California still sucks a donkey dick.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yeah, I live in Virginia. What's your point? I could care less about your damn stats and who gets what. Don't quote me on this but I believe Virginia has the most military bases/stations and personnel so that's why they are at the top, genius, and California still sucks a donkey dick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-235438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-235438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: FPP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

All that military, all those government jobs, imagine all that tax revenue the fed receives from Virginians because of it. Yet, after all that money received, the fed still coughs up more than ten-thousand dollars in federal subsidies per person In Virginia.

What’s my point? Based on the data presented regarding the net per person the fed shells out, it seems our country could do with more states like California and far less like Virginia. 🤷‍♂️

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
All that military, all those government jobs, imagine all that tax revenue the fed receives from Virginians because of it. Yet, after all that money received, the fed still coughs up more than ten-thousand dollars in federal subsidies per person In Virginia.

What’s my point? Based on the data presented regarding the net per person the fed shells out, it seems our country could do with more states like California and far less like Virginia. 🤷‍♂️
Don’t forget NJ. For a small state, we pull our weight.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

I only live in Virginia, I wasn't born or raised in it so I could care less.

The Pentagon, which isn't going anywhere any time soon, resides in VA so that could be a big factor. Besides, I wasn't that far off about Virginia. California has 32 military bases, with installations it's a total of 39. While Virginia has 27 military bases, with installations it's a total of 32. So, yeah, not that much of an "Oof" factor.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I only live in Virginia, I wasn't born or raised in it so I could care less.

The Pentagon, which isn't going anywhere any time soon, resides in VA so that could be a big factor. Besides, I wasn't that far off about Virginia. California has 32 military bases, with installations it's a total of 39. While Virginia has 27 military bases, with installations it's a total of 32. So, yeah, not that much of an "Oof" factor.

Yet you seem to really care about what happens on the opposite coast. Show us on the doll where the bad state touched you.

The pentagon is a big factor in what? The amount of net subsidy/federal aid per capita that goes to Virginia? I’m not trying to be condescending, but do you understand what “net” means? Remove the military from VA, and that $10k+ goes up because there are fewer jobs and lower tax revenue to maintain the current standard. Most of the military and assorted contractors/civilian employees/etc do not receive these funds.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Damn Bront, you sure Zrickety’d this one up...

View attachment 219755

And, let’s see who the worst is..

View attachment 219756

Looks like we’d be good to cut off some of the fat and get rid of Virginia. The federal government subsidies one Virginian for every 858 Californians.

Hey, @JerseyDrew77, don’t you live in Virginia? What point were you trying to make about California above?
"Per resident". Nice try.