GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAE vs Coolerworx shifter

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So at the time … I went CW cause I already had all the other mods and this would be compatible with each of them like the sigma,bracket,bushings. And the BIG reason was CW would be compatible with my custom shifter trim that I had made, and cae would 100% not work with it.

My personal Recc. Would be to just get the CAE… I like the height better, and not having a $300+ shifter trim in your car your trying to maintain keeping makes the decisions a little easier. Plus for me the DG + CW really wasn’t the greatest pair as I’m now using the euro vw shifter with it and it feels much better.

Just keep in mind for the CAE in regards to price you also need to switch to their lever kit and sell the sigma.

E8393830-4304-4567-A0D4-EDD3A26E8F3E.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Another note to mention… while the CW is great and quality, CAE was the original G… CW copied the homework and left out some parts to make the price tag easier to swallow.

Edit: I just saw the link you put for Cw… that’s the top mount and would required you to no longer run a center console and also drill the firewall to pass the cables through - granted I think the height and leverage of the top mount will feel much better

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So at the time … I went CW cause I already had all the other mods and this would be compatible with each of them like the sigma,bracket,bushings. And the BIG reason was CW would be compatible with my custom shifter trim that I had made, and cae would 100% not work with it.

My personal Recc. Would be to just get the CAE… I like the height better, and not having a $300+ shifter trim in your car your trying to maintain keeping makes the decisions a little easier. Plus for me the DG + CW really wasn’t the greatest pair as I’m now using the euro vw shifter with it and it feels much better.

Just keep in mind for the CAE in regards to price you also need to switch to their lever kit and sell the sigma.

View attachment 261021
Thank you. Eeeesh. So this is looking like 2k cad +.....