GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cadiz pricing

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
What is a reasonable price for my stock wheels. Keeping the tires because my current 19s are pretty much done.

Wheels literally have 100 miles on them with no marks. Just trying to gauge what I should list them for that will get them sold but not leave too much money on the table.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
What is a reasonable price for my stock wheels. Keeping the tires because my current 19s are pretty much done.

Wheels literally have 100 miles on them with no marks. Just trying to gauge what I should list them for that will get them sold but not leave too much money on the table.

While VW would charge you around $3000 to replace your set, they aren't in huge demand by GTI/R owners; they would be if they were forged like the Pretoria's. My guess is that they'd move quickly if you asked around $200-300 apiece, but anything beyond that might take a while to sell. Check to see what others on E-bay are asking.

\w/

Ready to race!

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
anywhere from $50 to 200
Per wheel? Just trying to decide if its worth using ebay or dealing with Craigslist. I'm currently sitting on 2 sets of old winter wheels/tires and the Cadiz that came on the car. Combine that with the completely disassembled bug and my garage is getting reaaaally small.

\w/

Ready to race!
Per wheel? Just trying to decide if its worth using ebay or dealing with Craigslist. I'm currently sitting on 2 sets of old winter wheels/tires and the Cadiz that came on the car. Combine that with the completely disassembled bug and my garage is getting reaaaally small.

I'd go with craigslist (assuming you find the wheels / tires you want) because:

1) less competition (smaller buyer pool = more leverage to negotiate the price lower)

2) you can actually see and touch them before making an offer

3) you know who is selling them (you can tell a lot just by seeing how that person maintained their car, garage...etc)

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I'd go with craigslist (assuming you find the wheels / tires you want) because:

1) less competition (smaller buyer pool = more leverage to negotiate the price lower)

2) you can actually see and touch them before making an offer

3) you know who is selling them (you can tell a lot just by seeing how that person maintained their car, garage...etc)

Yes but you see, I'm the one trying to sell mine. So I want to have the leverage :)

R_MK7

Ready to race!
Was wondering the same myself. Will be selling mine along with the tires basically brand new few hundred miles. I figured around 1-1.5k for the whole set is fair with the tires for a relatively quick sale.

Last edited:

Cossieian

Passed Driver's Ed
If anyone is willing to ship to the UK I'd be very interested!!

\w/

Ready to race!
Yes but you see, I'm the one trying to sell mine. So I want to have the leverage :)

lol

ok, just flip what i said; price em high (below what the dealer is charging), the potential buyer will have no option but to go to you. you can always negotiate down.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I'm just hoping to get a decent chunk of my bug air ride kit covered, that and making room in the garage. Rearranged everything Monday so that I can easily get to the stuff that needs to be sold. 2 roof racks, 15" steelies with winters, 16" enkies with winters and the 19s. My 19x8.5 Petrols look so much better than the Cadiz :p

One odd thing I noticed though. The 235/35/19 tires on the Cadiz are somehow wider than the 235/35/19 tires on my Petrols. I'm wondering if it's because the Cadiz are 8" wide and cause the sidewall to flare a bit more than on the 8.5".