GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cabin Filter - New Pre Filter Option

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Anyone use this pre-filter option long term? still happy with it or just annoying having another filter to change?

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I run carbon pre filter and plus I use a Frecious Plus. I change them both when I start to smell odors from the outside. The inside filter stays clean and the outside one keeps all the leaves and dirt from coming inside the car. I don't have a problem with changing both and been doing it since 2016

evilhomura89

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if I should start a new thread but i'd like to hear your personal view on this
Anyone using these premium cabin filters such as Mann Frecious Plus, Mahle Caremetix, Freudenberg MicronAir Blue, Bosch HEPA cabin air filter? Are they worth the premium over the normal charcoal cabin filter?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not sure if I should start a new thread but i'd like to hear your personal view on this
Anyone using these premium cabin filters such as Mann Frecious Plus, Mahle Caremetix, Freudenberg MicronAir Blue, Bosch HEPA cabin air filter? Are they worth the premium over the normal charcoal cabin filter?

I don’t think they're worth the extra cost. I've tried a couple of those on your list and noticed no difference from an inexpensive filter.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I don’t think they're worth the extra cost. I've tried a couple of those on your list and noticed no difference from an inexpensive filter.
I don’t think it even matters unless you’re crazy asthmatic or super allergic to things and require the best filter possible

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
I found antibaterial yellow filter for affordable price. It is KAMOKA 6080111 and costs ca. 5USD . Similar feel like factory fitted original yellow one (made by Valeo). However, I also feel no difference versus traditional carbon ones but why not if it's so cheap.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I just bought a new cabin filter, a Spearhead breathe easy #BE-643, carbon activated. Hadn't paid much attention before, but when I looked up, a deep opening is seen where the old CD player is in some models. Did my 2020 GTI not come with it, or is it just missing?

Harder to find stuff on the 2020. I didn't need a CD in there, but was wondering why they left a huge empty slot for it. I also see nothing in there for the air conditioned box so I assume that vanished off the car in the dark of night as well.

Last edited: