GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buzzing from A pillar or B Pillar at specific lower rev range - Source location and solution (Pics)

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
Yeah, I am just having a hard time seeing this coat hanger laying down and looking in the wheel well area he is referring to. I can see the lines through the wheel well, but cannot see where they are hitting this bracket where they are vibrating together. Your fix will fix them banging together inside that channel, but will not fix those bracket connectors from vibrating together.
Can you make it out from looking these other threads
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/underside-of-vehicle-question.380022/
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/anyone-know-what-this-is.329882/
vwvortex
https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/hose-hanging-from-my-car-what-is-it.7146230/

You should be able to peak under the car on the passenger side, in front of the the rear tire, let you eyes slowly track towards the front of the car. and about 6-12 inches from the side of the car and just before the underbody panel starts. You should see the parking break cable on the hanger and then the 2 cables.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
View attachment 209345
Can you make it out from looking these other threads
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/underside-of-vehicle-question.380022/
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/anyone-know-what-this-is.329882/
vwvortex
https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/hose-hanging-from-my-car-what-is-it.7146230/

You should be able to peak under the car on the passenger side, in front of the the rear tire, let you eyes slowly track towards the front of the car. and about 6-12 inches from the side of the car and just before the underbody panel starts. You should see the parking break cable on the hanger and then the 2 cables.
Thanks this explanation helped a bunch and I found it. I did not have a piece of foam like that so I found an old beer koozy and cut the botton off it then folded it over a few times and wedged it between the two lines at the bracket wrapped with a velcro tie. Took it for a spin and vibration is no more!!!! Thanks so much😀View attachment 209345
9AA9428D-36A4-4FF8-9759-549FF342C64F.jpeg

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Hey guys. I’m new and found this thread when I went searching to see if anyone else had had the the same infuriating buzzing noise that I’m currently experiencing. Good to know I’m not alone, but disappointing at the same time.

Quick question for the more mechanically inclined: can I use any type of foam for this fix, or does it need to be some type of heat resistant foam? Not trying to set the ole girl on fire.

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
Hey guys. I’m new and found this thread when I went searching to see if anyone else had had the the same infuriating buzzing noise that I’m currently experiencing. Good to know I’m not alone, but disappointing at the same time.

Quick question for the more mechanically inclined: can I use any type of foam for this fix, or does it need to be some type of heat resistant foam? Not trying to set the ole girl on fire.
No need to worry about heat resistant foam at the location mentioned.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
No need to worry about heat resistant foam at the location mentioned.
Awesome, thank you, and thanks for the quick response.

Thanks to this thread I was able to locate the offending line pretty quickly. A few flicks with my finger, and I’m 99% sure this is what’s making the noise I’m hearing.

I’ll try and fix something up tomorrow after the sun comes up, and I’ll test it out on the way to work.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Awesome, thank you, and thanks for the quick response.

Thanks to this thread I was able to locate the offending line pretty quickly. A few flicks with my finger, and I’m 99% sure this is what’s making the noise I’m hearing.

I’ll try and fix something up tomorrow after the sun comes up, and I’ll test it out on the way to work.
Yeah...you can see I just used a cut up beer coozy. My only suggestion is to use enough to really wedge it in there between the two lines. Those velcro strips hold it all together really well. Mine has not made a peep since I did it. If it ever does I will know it somehow worked iitself loose and I will redo. It has gone almost 2000 miles already without a problem though.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I'm so happy I came across this thread. My 2020 developed this after I got my tcr muffler put on and I thought I was going to have to rip the door card apart. I'm hoping this is the offending part. Now for the rain to stop so I can get under my car lol

br5

Car(s)
2019 GTI
I’ve noticed a rattle recently, on the driver door (right hand drive), however it is only off throttle, between 2000-2400 rpm. Is this unlikely to be the same rattle? Before reading this thread I thought it was from the door pocket area.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
I’ve noticed a rattle recently, on the driver door (right hand drive), however it is only off throttle, between 2000-2400 rpm. Is this unlikely to be the same rattle? Before reading this thread I thought it was from the door pocket area.
It’s possible. The video I linked is pretty much spot on for what I was hearing. It probably sounds like it’s coming from different areas for different people because it is coming from under the car and resonating throughout the cabin.

It definitely sounded like it was coming from the right side of the car, and it was definitely more pronounced for me as I was off throttle. I removed anything and everything from the doors, glovebox, etc in an attempt to make it stop before I found this thread.

It is a very easy fix that takes about 5 minutes. I would try it just to rule it out.

Reactions: br5

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I had two rattles. I took it back to the dealership and he fixed the one coming from the B Pillar. The fuel line rattle sounds almost the same except not quite as loud. I would def do the fuel line rattle fix because it is so easy and may solve it, if not you are out 5 minutes and have ruled something out. The video def sound like the fuel line rattle.