GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying used gti

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Hi guys, I will be buying a used mk7 gti and will be taking to get a pre purchase inspection before I buy. Do you guys recommend I take to a VW dealer for that (anyone know the cost) or a place like Midas?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My only advice is buy it private party and make sure it’s 2016 or newer.

Don’t take it to anyone who doesn’t specialize in volkswagen. So a good independent euro shop or the dealer

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I would prefer a local euro shop instead of a dealer.

PS: Its better to continue your disussion in of your many buying threads instead of creating one for each and every question.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Also a reputable euro shop would look into the issues which is known in that specific platform rather than updating a dealership checklist. With several reports, we all know how several dealers even fill their CPO checklist :)

510danr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
I bought a '16 earlier this month and considered a pre purchase inspection but I didn't feel much more would be revealed that a good test drive and perusal of receipts would tell. The 7 is pretty solid. Is it a stick?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
except I think you need a dealer to scan to see if it's been tunes (if that matters)

Yes that is why I took mine to the dealer from Carvana. It wouldn't surprise me if more than half the GTIs for sale on there have been tuned.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
ended up getting a 2019 gti rabbit in white, dsg. Clean as heck, very nice and loving the car. Only issue I found after I brought it home, he had a euro plate on the front and from the looks of it this was to cover up the holes for mounting the front license plate bracket, his state doesn't require front plate and they must of been there when he bought it.

Anyway removed the euro plate and there is one tiny screw hole on each side farther out than my license plate or bracket. Options to fix:

-Tried to find a euro plate bracket that will hold a US plate to cover those two holes but didn't find one.
-use the lowes or bumper plugs on them. The bumper plugs look rather big and would require me drilling them out even wider. I think the lowes ones are smaller.
-put a euro plate back on that is just like a GTI plain one or something and then install my real license plate on the tow hook off to side. Might be a little busy up front this way.
and the last option is to have body shop fill them and repaint, obviously won't be doing last option because it will be very pricey. Any suggestions?

Other than that the car is immaculate. Got it checked for td1 and used car inspection and everything was green light, even still smells good in interior.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
custom euro plate with your number on it...it'll fly with 90% of the popo's.

bumper sticker (+5hp!)

enjoy the ride

Mud