GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying tools/ Where/when would i have use for , triple square, allen and ball allen sockets?

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
When I first started collecting tools in high school, I would go to pawn shops. I bought 3 snap-on ratchets that I still use today for $35.00.
Also I had to buy a triple square set just a month ago to do my rear sway bar. A friend helped me with the lowering springs. Luckily he had a triple square set.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've started rebuilding my auto tools collection also. I used to be USA Craftsman guy. When my parents sold their house I gave away all my tools to my friends. I've started to collect some tools again and found that there are some really good tools for great prices out there!

Some good brands for hand tools are:
Gearwrench (they make a full line of tools now, wasn't the case years ago)
Capri
Tekton

I splurged and got a few M12 power tools (ratchet and hex impact). Having the power tools really speeds up jobs like spark plug changes, or removing under tray etc. The tools are relatively cheap on ebay.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I have to say, when I need a tool I always reach for my Gearwrench X-Beams first. So easy to use and strong. The X-Beam makes it easy to push or pull when you tighten or loosen a bolt/nut. These are a must have if you work on your car.

https://www.gearwrench.com/wrenches...ratcheting-combination-metric-wrench-set.html