GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying GTI - couple questions

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I have seen quite a few Rabbit Editions pop up on Carvana (usually labeled as the S trim). Pretty much any GTI they list on there sells within a couple hours of being posted. I got a crazy deal on my SE from them about a year ago because they mistakenly labeled it as an S due to the plaid seats lol

yea, I noticed that they sell pretty fast on there. I think it's the convenience of it (7 day return, no haggle price, pick up close to you, no doc fee's) because you can find the same cars sold at dealers and probably in better condition but they sit for awhile

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
What would you guys pay for a white rabbit with 6500 miles?

I wouldn’t pay a dime for one... since I already have a white rabbit. 😁

A1748477-DCE6-40F2-84F6-9789D405F6A9.png

I’d knock off a grand or two for lemon branding. This is IF the people’s warranty is still intact.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
lemon branding as in they are known for stalling? wouldn’t buy a lemon buyback

Because of the now fixed stalling issue, there were quite a few buybacks. These are now being sold as branded lemons. Unlike most lemons, this issue was an easy software update. So the reason for lemon is not all that much of a concern if you know what you are looking at. This could be a very good haggling point if you plan on owning the car for more than the duration of a loan.... or less. This has been discussed ad nauseam in another thread. Being the market is ripe with these otherwise perfect cars, it’s more of a buyers market.

now you said you won’t buy a lemon branded car, no problem, I’d base my “what would pay” on what the market bares. I posted a KBB screenshot for your criteria in my local market for a CPO... since, well, at 6400mi, it’s basically a brand new car.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
What would you guys pay for a white rabbit with 6500 miles?

You have to provide more information for anyone to guide you. Vehicle condition, manual or automatic, private sale or dealer, vehicle history / condition, previous owner - dealer or private.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
You have to provide more information for anyone to guide you. Vehicle condition, manual or automatic, private sale or dealer, vehicle history / condition, previous owner - dealer or private.

i haven’t seen it in person, auto, the dealer has it priced way high at like 29,400. It is kinda suspicious that it only has 6500 miles. Seems like the dealer might of switched it out for a different car for someone without getting it labeled a lemon. Saw car fax and not a buyback, 1 owner

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
i haven’t seen it in person, auto, the dealer has it priced way high at like 29,400. It is kinda suspicious that it only has 6500 miles. Seems like the dealer might of switched it out for a different car for someone without getting it labeled a lemon. Saw car fax and not a buyback, 1 owner

This is what i paid for my brand new GTI Rabbit DSG last aug.

MSRP - $31,375
Selling price before fees and TTL - $24,695

People are buying a brand new SE for way lower than that. That dealers current asking price is a joke

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
This is what i paid for my brand new GTI Rabbit DSG last aug.

MSRP - $31,375
Selling price before fees and TTL - $24,695

People are buying a brand new SE for way lower than that. That dealers current asking price is a joke

yea it is, could lowball him, what do you think is reasonable offer?

could also call my local VW and have the VIN checked for records, to make sure didn’t have stalling issue.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
yea it is, could lowball him, what do you think is reasonable offer?

KBB range shared above looks valid if the vehicle is clean and have a good history.

I dont prefer dealing with a dealer who has overprized the vehicle by this amount especially on a used vehicle. Sales guy might laugh at your offer or treat you as if hes doing doing a favor throughout the tough negotiation phase.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

That is crazy, about an hour from me there is a brand new 2019 SE with experience package for about the same.