GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ah pshhh that’s not the answer I wanted LOL

Other than turning down boost , I could resolve this with more of an E30 mix I think , right ?
I want my motor to be happy at 16 PSI before I go further with an IS20. A fuel pump and more E is kind of what I’m thinking

Adding ethanol will make your trim situation worse.

GlenD

Car(s)
A3
Your IGN_2 to IGN_5 are 0 which means the car isn't detecting knock. Your FP_L should stay above 100, your FP_H should stay above 10. Your car doesn't love giving fuel though. It looks happy and very fuel efficient. If you wanted to push more boost, we'd likely need to raise the FOL or mess with the fuel bias. With today's gas prices, it's not a bad idea to leave it where it is.
I'm new so sorry if I'm posting this wrong...

I'm new to JB4 and these cars, I have been worried my AFR reading in the 13 to 14 range instead of low 11s is too lean under boost and high RPMs but it seems the same in these logs. Is this OK then? I have a sperate wide band system and it shows the same as the JB4.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm new so sorry if I'm posting this wrong...

I'm new to JB4 and these cars, I have been worried my AFR reading in the 13 to 14 range instead of low 11s is too lean under boost and high RPMs but it seems the same in these logs. Is this OK then? I have a sperate wide band system and it shows the same as the JB4.
I'm not sure I understand your question. The JB4 used with a factory ECU tune will read 14s/13 in the lower part of the RPM band and may richen to 13/12 in the mid to upper band. If you have a MK7.5 car, then you may be in the 11s/10s cuz the factory calibration just runs richer on those cars.

GlenD

Car(s)
A3
I just thought at high RPMs under boost the AFR should be in the 11s. I was worried I had fuel pressure problems.
There's no engine codes and no red flags from the JB4.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I just thought at high RPMs under boost the AFR should be in the 11s. I was worried I had fuel pressure problems.
There's no engine codes and no red flags from the JB4.
How rich really depends on how much boost, and how efficient your turbo is in those conditions.

GlenD

Car(s)
A3
Also my fuel pressure is lower by a few and my trims are about half at the same rpm and more boost as the last uploaded log. I'm afraid I have a fuel delivery problem.

Blondito

Car(s)
Mk7 1.8t
Just finished my preliminary” upgrades on my 2015 Golf S (automatic) and got a used JB4 for $180 bucks

Current mods:
Intercooler+chargepipes
downpipe
Intake+turbo inlet

Looking for more power and knowledge about tuning. I live in Seattle so I only have access to 92 OCT but there’s E85 nearby. Reading through this forum has been helpful but still looking for help on a custom map 6. It’s my understanding that I should start by posting a pull in map 1, 3, and 6 in third from around 3000 to 600-6500?

Attachments

• 8A55DCC2-B05D-4653-B4F2-FEB4B6F260E7.jpeg
    8A55DCC2-B05D-4653-B4F2-FEB4B6F260E7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Just finished my preliminary” upgrades on my 2015 Golf S (automatic) and got a used JB4 for $180 bucks

Current mods:
Intercooler+chargepipes
downpipe
Intake+turbo inlet

Looking for more power and knowledge about tuning. I live in Seattle so I only have access to 92 OCT but there’s E85 nearby. Reading through this forum has been helpful but still looking for help on a custom map 6. It’s my understanding that I should start by posting a pull in map 1, 3, and 6 in third from around 3000 to 600-6500?
On a IS12 (stock) turbo, start the pull around 2300 RPM and ride it out to 6000. I'd start with map 1 then map 2.

Pierreoj

Car(s)
Alltrack 2018
Hi,
Anybody running APR or Unitronic TCU tune with JB4+stock ecu+is20 ?

I was looking at APR for the increased clutch pressure but it seems that Uni is good enough and cheaper.

Thank you

carsarefordriving

Car(s)
Golf Alltrack
Hi all, I'm new here. I did an is20 upgrade on my Alltrack a few weekends ago. I've been mostly running map 1 since then for safety's sake, but I'm ready to move up the ladder or work on a map 6. The only other upgrades are a turbo inlet elbow and a panel filter. here's a 3rd gear pull:
https://datazap.me/u/carsarefordriv...18&zoom=29-177&trim=0&tmin=640.23&tmax=968.11
Everything look okay? suggestions for map 6 settings? or just switch it to map 2? I use 93-94 octane fuel (91 isn't typically available here). Thanks all!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I would use more so a map 6 for a GTI and then bump up your FOL to 60 to start. Easily get to 22 peak tapering to 16 psi compared to what you have.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
You have timing corrections which I wouldn't expect running 93 on map 1. Maybe fill your tank with best gas available and try again?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Gas quality could be better. Try another station. If going map 6, you can try to add a bit more boost in small increments above 5500 but I'd leave the rest alone unless you start adding some e85 etc. If you do that, bump up the FOL, otherwise there's clearly no need. Just for reference, here's my stock Alltrack on 93 with only a filter box mod and JB4. Costco 93 in Chicago burbs. My FOL is still OK here but getting high. I wouldn't worry about those minor ignition hits on your log as your overall advance looks fine. So does your FOL.

https://datazap.me/u/goodvibes/11-1...155-145-135-125?log=0&data=1-4-11-14-25-26-27

I think getting a tune or running enough E85 while raising your FOL are the best ways to maximize the is20 on an Alltrack which runs greater advance than a GTI on the factory tune but that opinion is not universal. You should be able to get more boost up top as is but there's nothing to gain below 5000 or so rpm without ethanol. JB4 is still very useful on a tune. You can cut or add boost and run logs to tweak or just monitor what's going on.

Last edited:

Pierreoj

Car(s)
Alltrack 2018
Gas quality could be better. Try another station. If going map 6, you can try to add a bit more boost in small increments above 5500 but I'd leave the rest alone unless you start adding some e85 etc. If you do that, bump up the FOL, otherwise there's clearly no need. Just for reference, here's my stock Alltrack on 93 with only a filter box mod and JB4. Costco 93 in Chicago burbs. My FOL is still OK here but getting high. I wouldn't worry about those minor ignition hits on your log as your overall advance looks fine. So does your FOL.

https://datazap.me/u/goodvibes/11-1...155-145-135-125?log=0&data=1-4-11-14-25-26-27

I think getting a tune or running enough E85 while raising your FOL are the best ways to maximize the is20 on an Alltrack which runs greater advance than a GTI on the factory tune but that opinion is not universal. You should be able to get more boost up top as is but there's nothing to gain below 5000 or so rpm without ethanol. JB4 is still very useful on a tune. You can cut or add boost and run logs to tweak or just monitor what's going on.
So for 91 and is20, there is not much more than map 1 on the Alltrack?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
So for 91 and is20, there is not much more than map 1 on the Alltrack?
In my opinion, yes, with a stock tune. You can easily tune to ping 91 with an IS12 at 6500rpm so what will a bigger turbo do for you in that situation other than spool slower? IS20 can be a significant upgrade but you need to run higher octane and/or flash the ecu to see any real world benefit...imo. The 1.8 pings easier that the GTI or R because the stock tune runs more advance.