GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Kenjeet

Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Sweet! How large of a risk would you say running a DP with the JB4 is? I'm new to tuning/modifying VW and I still have my 6yr/72K warranty. Am I right to be hesitant, or am I actually just being a weenie? I'm game to install it if it's low-risk, I just want to know the strings attached with installation.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I would start with the medium opening one. This is low risk. The worst that can happen is you get a check engine light and you'll need to try one of the other openings. You don't really risk your warranty until you do something like swap the turbo or flash the ecu.

Kenjeet

Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
I would start with the medium opening one. This is low risk. The worst that can happen is you get a check engine light and you'll need to try one of the other openings. You don't really risk your warranty until you do something like swap the turbo or flash the ecu.
What do you mean "try one of the other openings?"

Slick99

Ready to race!
did jb4 app update coz m seeing iAt_temp instead of IAT and whenever on cold start its showing from 45c + on 30c ambient.

Slick99

Ready to race!
The Android app hasn't been updated since March.

yea but after update its IAT_TEMP instead of IAT.....is this pre-intercooler or post intercooler?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
yea but after update its IAT_TEMP instead of IAT.....is this pre-intercooler or post intercooit's the sensor in the intake manifold. I can let the car idle, point a leaf blower at that sensor and watch my JB4 IAT_TEMP drop. Won't do anything if I point at hot or cold side of intercooler itself.
think it's the sensor in the intake manifold. point a leaf blower at it and see what happens to IAT_TEMP

J.Etter

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried updating to the latest firmware (JB4_EA888_8_8.hex) and now my cruise control doesn't work after a few minutes. I don't see the future use D option anymore, so I can't make sure that's set to 0.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I tried updating to the latest firmware (JB4_EA888_8_8.hex) and now my cruise control doesn't work after a few minutes. I don't see the future use D option anymore, so I can't make sure that's set to 0.

Anyone else have this issue?

That's weird. Do you have a code or stored code for anything?

J.Etter

Passed Driver's Ed
That's weird. Do you have a code or stored code for anything?
Not that I know of, but I'll check this evening. If I remember right, the same thing happened last time I tried to update to a newer firmware, so I reverted back to the old firmware I was running.

I was running 60/6//5 previous to this latest update with zero issues, so I may just revert back to that and be done with it if no one knows of a fix.

sim0n0

Car(s)
2017 VW GolfAlltrack
Anybody here is IS20, tuned and jb4 stacked can share me his map 6 settings, I just want to compare
Thanks

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I'd try map 3 before moving on and really, get that flash tune and then piggy back the JB4. Stock ECU tune runs too much timing to take advantage of the IS38 on the 1.8.