GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Looks like the gas might be getting better. It's about transition time to summer blend.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Looks like the gas might be getting better. It's about transition time to summer blend.
His IATs are different between the current logs and his previous logs. He's not getting as much boost up top as I would like, but the temps are also cooler which would reduce boost on a torque targeting ecu.

ghost101101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf SE 1.8 TSI
I haven’t refueled since last time. The pull felt really clean. Maybe it was an anomaly or maybe that was just in my head.

His IATs are different between the current logs and his previous logs. He's not getting as much boost up top as I would like, but the temps are also cooler which would reduce boost on a torque targeting ecu.
Dark Sky says next Tuesday should hit 75. I plan to test it then.

In the meantime, I can’t thank you guys enough for helping me get the JB4 dialed in. This was the first car I bought new back in 2016 to replace a 2004 Civic. I fell in love with the MK7 and got a deal during dieselgate. It should keep me happy for another five years. Although, the rumored Tesla hatchback sounds pretty sweet. A lot of Golf owners will be tempted to go electric if it’s under $20K after incentives.

Last edited:

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Zumble is the man here. I was playing and am waiting for my gas to get better and he's been on top of it.

Teslas are fast and smooth but they're heavy. I need a wagon but prefer a light car for sporty driving. Lots more important than the power they make. If I could have my suspension or added engine power, I'd take the suspension 1st and it was the sequence I did. That said, the added juice and throttle response (controller at min) allows better use of that suspension.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
If a company could make a good handling electric hot hatch that weighs less than probably 3300lbs, I think that would be one of the most fun cars imaginable. I would buy it.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
If a company could make a good handling electric hot hatch that weighs less than probably 3300lbs, I think that would be one of the most fun cars imaginable. I would buy it.
mini se?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
@ZuMBLe It was 73 F for this one. I was lucky to get a gap in traffic during rush hour. From what I can tell there is some knock but it felt smooth.

https://datazap.me/u/mattcarr/73-f?log=0&data=1-3-4-9-11-15-25-26-27

You're as far as I'm comfortable taking you with the fuel you have. You have timing corrections now in 3rd which are not bad. It's actually optimal in your case. What you see in 4th is starting to look not good, and will not get better as it gets warmer. Could you try shifting from 3rd to 4th at 6000 instead of 6400?

ghost101101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf SE 1.8 TSI
You're as far as I'm comfortable taking you with the fuel you have. You have timing corrections now in 3rd which are not bad. It's actually optimal in your case. What you see in 4th is starting to look not good, and will not get better as it gets warmer. Could you try shifting from 3rd to 4th at 6000 instead of 6400?
Sure, it’s supposed to hit 88 next Wednesday. I will test it then and won’t refuel before. Should I drop anything down? I might be moving from Maryland to North Carolina this summer which is warmer. I don’t mind sacrificing some performance for stability.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
What am I missing here? At 6k, the target is over +8psi but the added boost is like +3psi. Why set the add so high? It looks good right now but isn't that a large margin for error under unknown conditions?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
What am I missing here? At 6k, the target is over +8psi but the added boost is like +3psi. Why set the add so high? It looks good right now but isn't that a large margin for error under unknown conditions?

Yea I would not leave it like that. We are just seeing where we can get the boost curve. Imagine this as a dyno tuning session which is happening reeeealy slow. The turbo it totally capable of running +9 at 6000, so nothing will get hurt there even if we got all the boost. The timing value also isn't too high for how little boost its producing.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
I just put a JB4 group 3 on my GSW Auto and love it so far, only hardware mods are intake and turbo inlet pipe.

I was disappointed to find out I couldnt switch maps without purchasing the bluetooth or hardwire dongle. Was hoping there would be some way to interact with it, maybe physical buttons?

Either way im buying the bluetooth as I would at least like to try the more aggressive map 2. Might mess around with map 6. Ive learned a lot from this thread, lots of good info. Lets keep it going. Ill be sure to post up my logs when i get the bluetooth.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I just put a JB4 group 3 on my GSW Auto and love it so far, only hardware mods are intake and turbo inlet pipe.

I was disappointed to find out I couldnt switch maps without purchasing the bluetooth or hardwire dongle. Was hoping there would be some way to interact with it, maybe physical buttons?

Either way im buying the bluetooth as I would at least like to try the more aggressive map 2. Might mess around with map 6. Ive learned a lot from this thread, lots of good info. Lets keep it going. Ill be sure to post up my logs when i get the bluetooth.

There is a USB cable option to program the JB4 with. I wouldn't bother though, just go with with the BT.