GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks for your reply.
So, are Group 2 and Group 3 units identical in terms of programming or are they simply close enough that you can use either?

All the MQB units are the same in the hardware and software. If buying used, make sure you update to the latest firmware. The "Alpha" firmware seems pretty stable so I would recommend you use that one even if it's "alpha".

Warfe-Motorsports

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 MQB
Thanks for your reply.
So, are Group 2 and Group 3 units identical in terms of programming or are they simply close enough that you can use either?
As far as i know the group was designated to keep track of sales for each model easier. Other than the newest gen 4??? motor with the Maf sensor in the intake they are all the same.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
In theory, yes on 91 octane. I did so at 2.5k after the 1st oil change and ran it like that without a log on 93 octane until 6k, 2nd oil change when I went to higher settings. I'd run a log if possible anyway, in case your gas is poor. We've seen logs where CA gas wasn't up to snuff. That said, if you can't log, I wouldn't worry about it and just run the best gas you can on map 1 since the oem map can add enough fuel to cover that boost level without the fuel wire which is there to add fuel for higher boost levels.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Any input on what I think is my final stacked map 6. Feel like I have dialed it in without pushing things too hard.
Only thing I see is fuel pump is struggling to keep up.
Open to criticism or suggestions!
Thanks everyone.
https://datazap.me/u/fowvaydriver/is38-stack-final?log=0&data=1-4

It looks good! Do you feel a difference in the 1-2 PSI up top? Either way, that's a pretty looking log. Your base flash is APR right? That boost curve has got some balls.

Just noticed you're FOL 10. You *could* try FOL 40 with this same tune and see what it does to your FP_H. If it brings it back up you maybe have more wiggle room. But like I said, that's a pretty good amount of IS38 boost for the stock fuel system.

Update your firmware to the alpha. I think your current version had minor issues.

Last edited:

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
It looks good! Do you feel a difference in the 1-2 PSI up top? Either way, that's a pretty looking log. Your base flash is APR right? That boost curve has got some balls.

Just noticed you're FOL 10. You *could* try FOL 40 with this same tune and see what it does to your FP_H. If it brings it back up you maybe have more wiggle room. But like I said, that's a pretty good amount of IS38 boost for the stock fuel system.

Update your firmware to the alpha. I think your current version had minor issues.
Yeah I was thinking it was looking pretty good.
I have a majesty intercooler coming in the mail.
hoping I may be able to make some tweaks once I toss that in.
I am running apr 91 is38 tune/is38 tcu tune.
I feel a big difference! It’s pulls awesome. Really excited to get the intercooler installed. High iat’s kill my timing. Appreciate the input !

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah I was thinking it was looking pretty good.
I have a majesty intercooler coming in the mail.
hoping I may be able to make some tweaks once I toss that in.
I am running apr 91 is38 tune/is38 tcu tune.
I feel a big difference! It’s pulls awesome. Really excited to get the intercooler installed. High iat’s kill my timing. Appreciate the input !

I don't think your IATs are killing your timing too much in this log. You'll start getting real timing pull (around 2 degrees) in the 120F range if APR didn't modify the temp compensation tables.

If you still have the stock IC, the IS38 is definitely a more efficient turbo for the 1.8! I really thought you had a IC because the temp rise during the pull is pretty gradual.

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
I don't think your IATs are killing your timing too much in this log. You'll start getting real timing pull (around 2 degrees) in the 120F range if APR didn't modify the temp compensation tables.

If you still have the stock IC, the IS38 is definitely a more efficient turbo for the 1.8! I really thought you had a IC because the temp rise during the pull is pretty gradual.
It was fairly cool and I only did one pull. As soon as it gets above high 60’s I can tell I start losing power.
I am going to do turbo inlet pipe when I do intercooler and call it a day. Unless a flex fuel mpi solution comes out for 1.8 :)

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It was fairly cool and I only did one pull. As soon as it gets above high 60’s I can tell I start losing power.
I am going to do turbo inlet pipe when I do intercooler and call it a day. Unless a flex fuel mpi solution comes out for 1.8 :)

It can be.. but you need to switch tuning platforms. ;)