GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
His FOL was set to 0. :(
wow, can you even do that on map 2 and is that in the log? If afr2, my map 6 logs have also say 0.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Is a couple deg of timing pull significant enough in terms or safety? I know I'm giving up power.

Couple is 2. So if it's literally pulling 2 degrees I'd start to worry a little. It won't grenade your engine instantly. If it's 1 degree or under, I wouldn't worry too much. Anything over 3 I'd want to correct immediately. If it gets to 2, then the number gets smaller, that's likely one knock event. If it says 2 then 1, then 2 again, its two knock events. So if you see the same cylinder going up and down during a pull, its knocking multiple times.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Should the top few posts on: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428 be considered gospel for map descriptions now? I assume the descriptions in post 1 of this thread are outdated?
Not entirely. The base settings diagram map as seen on that page is not how it ships and was specifically for GTIs at the time. It currently ships with an additive map and a top value closer to 4 that works on all the gen 3 engines. The rest is accurate as far as i can see.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Map1, 91octane, 27degC/80degF, 6MT AT.
Didn't expect this - suprisingly poor fuel? Log
Yes, and your OK but done unless you increase the octane..

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
These guys also are great in follow up, help with tweaking and covering their devices quickly. In our case, George just helped me with something and went above and beyond.(y)

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
These guys also are great in follow up, help with tweaking and covering their devices quickly. In our case, George just helped me with something and went above and beyond.(y)

QFT, super fast replies and George is bang-on with suggestions and tweaks.

Kenjeet

Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Hey guys, I am a new JB4 user so please bear with me. I am curious as to what map # is preferred when posting a log in here. The description for map 4 is the "stock map with logging capability," so I am initially drawn to that. However, I am seeing some other users posting their 3rd/4th gear pulls on map 2. Do both maps offer enough for you guys to tweak them?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
1st, update the fw and the map assignment will be up to date and different than you're describing. I just did 8.8 alpha and am liking it but you can just get the current 8.5 and know it's sorted. https://dev.jb4connectkit.com/v1/firmwarelist.html

Current maps
Map 0: This is a stock map with JB4 logging ability. It is also the starter map for cars that are running flash tunes and are stacking the JB4.
Map 1: Tuned map with a average of 4.0psi over stock. This is the shipped map and is compatible for both 91 and 93 and can be used with cars on hardware.
Map 2: Tuned map with 5.0psi peak boost over stock. 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 3 Peak boost 6psi 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 4 Peak boost 6psi (Golf R and Audi S3 7speed DSG specific), it has a taper at higher rpm so will also work well for all on 93 in hot climates
Map 5 Absolute map peaking 25 tapers to 20psi. E30 with bolt ons needed. (not to be used on 1.8T or 2.0T Jetta)
Map 6: User adjustable boost map. The map comes preset with a 5.0psi over stock peak and is ready to use on any car running 93 octane. The preset map is also suitable for manual cars with clutch longevity in mind.
The mapping can be done in two manners. If the value at 1500 is kept below 10 it will work as a boost adder map. If the value at 1500 is higher than 10 it will work as a absolute map. This means actual total boost targets will need to be entered.
Map 7: Meth integration map using our FSB Meth controller
Map 8: This is a valet map/safety map where 50% of the boost is cut. It is also the starter map for cars that are running flash tunes and are stacking the JB4. It will give the ability to log the car via the JB4. This is also the safety map, so in any circumstance the JB4 detects a unsafe condition regardless of map it will default to this map. This includes knock detection, lean AFR or the boost safety value being triggered due to lack of boost control.

Start logging on map1 and if no timing adjustments, log map 2 and if clean, map 3. Still clean, tweak map 6.

Kenjeet

Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
1st, update the fw and the map assignment will be up to date and different than you're describing. I just did 8.8 alpha and am liking it but you can just get the current 8.5 and know it's sorted. https://dev.jb4connectkit.com/v1/firmwarelist.html

Start logging on map1 and if no timing adjustments, log map 2 and if clean, map 3. Still clean, tweak map 6.

Thanks for the info, I'll get on that. Is this thread also a good place to diagnose the CEL that appeared after finalizing the installation of the JB4?