GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So I decide to try FW 8.8 alpha yesterday (USB data cable) and it won't connect. PC recognizes something got connected but PC program won't connect to JB4. Not the world because I'm pretty happy with where it's at and the JB4 is definitely still doing it's thing when driving. I pulled the cable to check continuity and it seems fine. I saw a bend the pins for connection video and may try this or try and tighten the board connector sockets. Anyone else have this specific issue? Does the bend the pin fix work if your PC already dings when you plug in the USB. Same laptop I've used for all other JB4 logs and adjustments.

Can't really answer your question because I've had the BT module the whole time, but consider getting the BT module. Being able to use your phone for a display and to log/map change is really nice. I think I would have sold my JB4 if I didn't have the BT module for it.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I really have no issue with the USB and laptop option. I already had a usb extension cable so logging was easy and I don't plan on changing maps often if ever when not at home etc.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
You're ready to try map 3.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
no, it has less boost down low and more up top vs map2.
I didn't think it had less down low like map 6 before you tweak. Just more overall.

Slick99

Ready to race!
no, it has less boost down low and more up top vs map2.

What about map 4, same boost setting as map 3 but for 7 spd dsg gearbox? i have 7spd dsg

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
What about map 4, same boost setting as map 3 but for 7 spd dsg gearbox? i have 7spd dsg
Same as map 3 (which I believe is strong everywhere) except boost taper up top for 7spd DSG compatibility on launched runs etc.