GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
That looks wonky as hell to me.

Just got a reply from George that there is a bug in the firmware that I have, and that the bug is fixed in the alpha firmware.

Screenshot_20200711-155518.png

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
True but nobody keeps tweaking like these guys do. Even when there's bugs, you have to appreciate the efforts.

VWnewb

Car(s)
Golf sportwagen
Hey guy’s, I have a question. I have a turbo that is supposed to make about 100 more horses than a stock IS38. I upgraded the inter cooler, Injen CAI, bigger turbo inlet elbow, 3inch downpipe, 3inch exhaust, deleted catalytic converter and MPI. What can JB4 do for my setup? How much horsepower can I expect? Thanks!

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Hey guy’s, I have a question. I have a turbo that is supposed to make about 100 more horses than a stock IS38. I upgraded the inter cooler, Injen CAI, bigger turbo inlet elbow, 3inch downpipe, 3inch exhaust, deleted catalytic converter and MPI. What can JB4 do for my setup? How much horsepower can I expect? Thanks!

At this point you will want to go with cobb and a pro tune the jb4 can do a lot for you but you’re leaving power on the table with the jb4.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
That dip in boost at 4k is odd. What map is that? I'd drop 3k by .5 and add that at 3.5. You're maxed out elsewhere and need better gas and/or to add more fuel pressure. You're trimmed out and close to too lean. Should be able to get more on top and I suspect you could add a couple to few PSI near 6k. Right now, your 2 lbs below what a stock IS12 with JB4 can run in the midrange on 93. I'd tweak with what your using now and then increase the entire curve when you find the right fueling with good gas and/or more fuel pressure.

I know this is very debatable but, for me, if I wanted an IS20, I'd get an ECU tune and then stack the JB4. I personally don't see the IS20 as especially cost effective on a stock ECU map, even with added boost, without mixing ethanol etc.

AC won't affect much on pulls and you're likely to use it that way anyways.

Last edited:

Dirtywagen

Been using Shell 93 for a while now, but I can try some others. This is map 2, was getting a baseline. I'm here to learn, I'll take all input into consideration, thank you.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
In my own testing, I've found the AC being on causes IATs to go 20 degrees higher than no AC. If you're gonna have the AC on all the time, I'd just test with the AC on.

Start raising your FOL. Jump straight to 40 and see what happens.

You definitely have gains after 5500 to be bad.

Time for Map 6.

Dirtywagen

Twindad reached out and have me some advice as well, 6 cyl set to 1 and FOL to 70 on map 6 with some settings. I went below his suggestions just a bit because I'm more of a ramp up slowly kinda guy but have driven it yet, so still taking input for the time being. Not wanting to max everything out and I'm a 5 speed, so clutch considerations.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Twindad has a lot of experience with the IS20 and JB4 only. I'm a ramp up slowly kind of guy also, which is why I suggested 40. I'm sure 70 will support the numbers he wants you to run. hehe.