GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You'll likely want to be careful running maps 1-4 after stacking also. You can pretty much only safely run a custom map 6 now.

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I got these codes today what do they mean
2020-01-29 16_40_18:

3BD6 No Description Found

5A56 No Description Found

0000 No Description Found

Slick99

Ready to race!
Yeah, as Zumble said, map 0. Set your map 6 to all zero everywhere other than boost safety. Put that at like 25. I recently saw a guy trip the boost safety while on map 0. There is a glitch in firmware 8.4 that flipped it to map 4. I reported it to George. Map 4 used to he the default map for 0 boost pass through. It's now an additive map designed for the R/S3. Could have been dangerous. I doubt they fixed it yet because it's in that firmware. I have had other issues with that firmware as well, but I guess the majority didn't so they didn't give a shit. Defaulting to map 4 is a major issue though so they need to fix that and you need to be careful

i thought map4 is just like map3 for FL A/S3 or R with 7spd dsg, will set everythig to 0 before going to flash. New beta update firmware has been released as well might update JB4 as well but i m gonna use it for monitoring after flash. Thanks for info let hope how the car react with flash tune map.

Slick99

Ready to race!
You'll likely want to be careful running maps 1-4 after stacking also. You can pretty much only safely run a custom map 6 now.

yes would be careful wont touch any maps on jb4, custom map 6 if theres room for more fueling and maybe for IS20 in future.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Set to map 0 before flash (probably not really needed), FOL 0, Fuel Bias 0 down the whole column.

Going to set to map 0 with FOL and fuel bias and do u think i should remove the whole JB4 as i need to monitor it. Will i be able to log as well?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Going to set to map 0 with FOL and fuel bias and do u think i should remove the whole JB4 as i need to monitor it. Will i be able to log as well?

I log my tune just fine in map 0. Log your new tune and post it up! A lot of people have no idea what their Unitronic/APR/IE/etc OTS tunes look like. With the JB4, you can get a pretty good idea what's going on. You can also leave the JB4 for valet mode.

Last edited:

gio18

Hi guys, I recently upgraded my IS12 turbo to IS20, which JB4 map 6 settings recommend me to try with 92 octane.

I also have downpipe 3" and VWRacing R600 intake.

The firmware version of my JB4 is 60/85//5

Thanks

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Hi guys, I recently upgraded my IS12 turbo to IS20, which JB4 map 6 settings recommend me to try with 92 octane.

Thanks

I think there is enough information in this thread that you can run a search on it and get great results. You'll find some settings posted and some datazap logs. Use the "target" field of the logs in order to figure out the setting that was used.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

Thanks
Here are a bunch that someone put together. I would say with 92, start with one of the lower boost target ones and log. Also log a map 0 first for baseline timing

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1580433789204.jpg
    FB_IMG_1580433789204.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 195

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Here are a bunch that someone put together. I would say with 92, start with one of the lower boost target ones and log. Also log a map 0 first for baseline timing

Those boost numbers are so little and cute.... ;)

Wish we could make that spreadsheet a sticky.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yes, but as you know, it's cold. I'm selling the jb4 and the meth kit. I'll use some of those funds towards the Intercooler

How much of a temp difference are you currently seeing from the start of your pull to the end of your pull?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
How much of a temp difference are you currently seeing from the start of your pull to the end of your pull?
Yesterday's were about a 20 degree rise. Went from 49 to 69 on one and 51 to 71 on another. So in the summer it will be bad. Intercooler is definitely needed.