GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Add a few gallons of E85 - should help zero most of that KR out and get a bit more advance. None of that KR is egregrious - highest is maybe -2.5?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You Uni guys throwing alcohol at everything! Some dude spilled his beer on me at a bar the other night.. probably unitronic guy. :p
HAAHHAHAHAHA

It's the magic go-go juice!

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
He's got 87 in there, so at least put 93 in before going E.
Gotta be.
Maybe a little too general but... 89-map1, 91-map2, 93-map3/tweak. Always log a run to double check you're good with local gas and drop down a PSI or map# if your gas formulation changes for winter. :)

RobotChug

Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8t
Gotta be.
Maybe a little too general but... 89-map1, 91-map2, 93-map3/tweak. Always log a run to double check you're good with local gas and drop down a PSI or map# if your gas formulation changes for winter. :)
I thought burger recommends 91/93 for map 1? I’m finally out of gas so I will fill up with 93 and see what the stock data looks like. Then jump to map 1

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I thought burger recommends 91/93 for map 1? I’m finally out of gas so I will fill up with 93 and see what the stock data looks like. Then jump to map 1
Gas varies by area and why to log whatever you do.

Kenjeet

Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
I recently installed the APR closed intake. I've been running map 1 with no issues for 2-ish years. Do I need to do any additional logs, or should map 1 be sufficient? I don't have access to 93 gas in my area so map 2 isn't really an option.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I recently installed the APR closed intake. I've been running map 1 with no issues for 2-ish years. Do I need to do any additional logs, or should map 1 be sufficient? I don't have access to 93 gas in my area so map 2 isn't really an option.
You're probably fine, but it doesn't hurt to log the car every once in a while to make sure it's healthy.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
If you do log, you could always try a map 2 log on 91 and even tweak map 6 if you find that successful. If it works out, check again with winter gas which usually behaves like 1 octane less or so.

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a euro mk7 GTI (2014) now with a JB4 and I'm looking into swapping it for a euro Alltrack 2018. From what I understand I should be able to change to firmware to match and use my Jb4 on the Alltrack?

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I got a euro mk7 GT (2014) now with a JB4 and I'm looking into swapping it for a euro Alltrack 2018. From what I understand I should be able to change to firmware to match and use my Jb4 on the Alltrack?
It's the same firmware. But update to the latest for best results.