GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
https://datazap.me/u/mk7gsw/map-1-93-octane-70°-ambient?log=0&data=1-4

How’s this one looking? It felt much better, and I don’t see as much timing correction
You have 3 knock counts. It's not terrible but it's also not great. You can decide if you want to turn it up or not.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
On the 1.8T I was told by George you can run 89 on map1 and 91 and 93 on Map 2.
Been running Map 2 on 91 on my Alltrack and it feels great!
You have the ability to log, so you should always log instead of just what people tell ya. Fuel is different all over, car mods are different etc. Log it, analyze it.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
https://datazap.me/u/mk7gsw/map-1-93-octane-70°-ambient?log=0&data=1-4

How’s this one looking? It felt much better, and I don’t see as much timing correction
Try getting gas elsewhere once you've emptied the tank. It's fine as is but it should be clean on map 1 with 93. If it doesn't get better after trying a couple other pumps, I'd leave it alone and assume the gas in your area is poor. Map 1 should basically be cleaner than that on 91 and spotless on 93.

Last edited:

RobotChug

Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8t
Got some “dumb” questions. Just got a JB4 hooked up on my golf. I’m running it on map 0 just to get some baseline data at first. When should I see max boost? Like I did just a quick drive with maybe one pull at a light and the data says max ecu boost was 2.0psi and actually was following that pretty closely? When do engines make the most boost? That seems so low to me, not sure what’s going on

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Got some “dumb” questions. Just got a JB4 hooked up on my golf. I’m running it on map 0 just to get some baseline data at first. When should I see max boost? Like I did just a quick drive with maybe one pull at a light and the data says max ecu boost was 2.0psi and actually was following that pretty closely? When do engines make the most boost? That seems so low to me, not sure what’s going on
You should be hitting something like 11 or 12 PSI. I haven't actually measured map 0 but should be around that. Stock, they make reasonably linear boost, likely pretty flat between 3k and 4500.

RobotChug

Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8t
You should be hitting something like 11 or 12 PSI. I haven't actually measured map 0 but should be around that. Stock, they make reasonably linear boost, likely pretty flat between 3k and 4500.
Highest boost I’m seeing is like 7-8 psi. Here is a screen shot. It seems actual boost is following ecu boost, which means I don’t have a boost leak? It’s a 5 speed running 87. Any thoughts? I feel like it’s low.

Attachments

• IMG_3254.png
    IMG_3254.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 34

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Isn't map 0 just pass through so stock?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Highest boost I’m seeing is like 7-8 psi. Here is a screen shot. It seems actual boost is following ecu boost, which means I don’t have a boost leak? It’s a 5 speed running 87. Any thoughts? I feel like it’s low.
Datazap and make a run at full throttle in 3rd from under 2k to 6500. https://datazap.me

RobotChug

Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8t

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
https://datazap.me/u/robotchug/log-1683658289?log=0&data=1-2-4

Couldn’t get all the way to 6500 cause that’s like over 100mph and I don’t live close enough to Mexico lol. But here are some pulls up to 5500ish RPMs. Once again this 87 fuel on a 5 speed. Trying to get baseline boost, which appears to be max 10 psi for 5500rpm WOT
Unless you get better gas, You're already topped out. Any add would be limited by timing corrections and be negligible. You don't want to see ign 2,3 and 4 showing much higher #s than they already are, even after adding boost and less pings would be better.

RobotChug

Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8t
Unless you get better gas, You're already topped out. Any add would be limited by timing corrections and be negligible. You don't want to see ign 2,3 and 4 showing much higher #s than they already are, even after adding boost and less pings would be better.
What do you mean by less pings? I’m def going to get better gas. My plan was to get some baseline 87 data, baseline 93 data, and then map 1 93 data.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
What do you mean by less pings? I’m def going to get better gas. My plan was to get some baseline 87 data, baseline 93 data, and then map 1 93 data.
Less knock.