GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Others work but get one that you can calibrate to the electronic gas pedal like the Burger. They'll have a setup mode where it learns as you press or pump the pedal. I'd also still recommend throttle to direct via OBD. I had a throttle controller without calibration before and didn't do the throttle direct. Got rid of that one because it was less consistent and to get a good initial response, it became too jumpy overall and a bit intermittent in how it responded. Too much like and on/off switch for the throttle too often. I think some of that was the throttle direct setting and some the lack of calibration. Modulation is very normal now, feels like you have a direct connection to the throttle body.

This one actually works but ask for calibration instructions and set it at it's lowest enhancement, (P1.1). Connectors, maps etc aren't as good as Burger's but it's fine on the street at it's lowest setting which is recommended anyway.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124008203645?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Ive already set the throttle response to high in vagcom, does the pedal tuner stack onto that?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Ive already set the throttle response to high in vagcom, does the pedal tuner stack onto that?
yup but like I said, calibrate and lowest enhancement for the street. Might like it higher for x-cross. I set my throttle to direct and thought it OK enough after what it was like before but could still feel lag/soft start, just never got the seemingly 1 sec delay at times any more like stock. My bro has a BRZ with mods that he x-crosses (I don't) and we swap for kicks sometimes. Made me more aware of the throttle again so got a controller.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Alright, I will lower boost safety to 17.

I made FOL 60 because you told me to... lol.

That’s why I wondered if Map 2 is better than Map 6 on my car for whatever reason.

I got correction using the identical settings from Map 2 on Map 6 in similar winter temperature. Maybe I’m missing something but that’s why I asked if I should just run Map 2.

Yes, it’s used. That’s why I couldn’t ask George for advice.

I can’t test tonight. Maybe tomorrow, if it’s not too rainy. I will log Map 2 again so we can compare results with the additive and absolute Map 6 settings. Pray I don’t get pulled over.
If I told you to do it, it's likely because your trims were getting high with the colder winter air. Just leave it.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
If you do, show the cop your logs and tell him what you're doing and waiting for empty space to do so etc. Cops are people too and sometimes enjoy getting engaged. Stop at the top of 3rd. We really don't 'need' 4th on the DSG.

The last time I got pulled over, I was logging on the JB4. The speed he wrote me down for was much lower than what I had in my log. Hahah. Stay safe out there. I almost always use the same stretch of road now. I scope out the area from the other side of the highway, then turn around and do my pull. Always at night when there are very few cars. Keep it safe guys!

ghost101101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf SE 1.8 TSI
The Pedal Tuner is out of stock everywhere though, with no ETA on resupply.
Yeah, I posted a WTB for the BMS Pedal Tuner in the classifieds forum and someone sold me their used Remus Responder for $160 which retails for $260.

I’m running the Remus on Sport -3 and it’s smooth but responsive. It’s also easy to install and tweak. Plus it hides away cleanly in the little cubby to the left of the steering wheel.

ghost101101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf SE 1.8 TSI
The last time I got pulled over, I was logging on the JB4. The speed he wrote me down for was much lower than what I had in my log. Hahah. Stay safe out there. I almost always use the same stretch of road now. I scope out the area from the other side of the highway, then turn around and do my pull. Always at night when there are very few cars. Keep it safe guys!
Yeah, I’m well practiced now haha. I try to go after 10pm to an on-ramp with a straight away that has an exit soon after so I can dip in and out. Still, all I see are headlights behind me so I just cross my fingers and pull. Never have I been more angry at one car ahead of or behind me as when I’m dropping to 2K RPM lol.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah, I’m well practiced now haha. I try to go after 10pm to an on-ramp with a straight away that has an exit soon after so I can dip in and out. Still, all I see are headlights behind me so I just cross my fingers and pull. Never have I been more angry at one car ahead of or behind me as when I’m dropping to 2K RPM lol.

You're doing exactly what I do. haha. I do a pull and then exit to another highway that brings me back to my start point. :)

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
If I told you to do it, it's likely because your trims were getting high with the colder winter air. Just leave it.
Trims got up to 47 at high RPM with maxed out boost. Raising was a good idea but he didn't need to go all the way to 60 from 45 FOL. AFR was fine.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Trims got up to 47 at high RPM with maxed out boost. Raising was a good idea but he didn't need to go all the way to 60 from 45 FOL. AFR was fine.

Meh, doesn't hurt. FOL isn't a precision thing because it's not AFR tuning. I'd rather leave it at 60 and give him lots of head room and not worry about it. It's really not worth trying 50, then 55, etc etc.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
It really does help. Just need to be very conservative with the setting and it's seamless. Really helps the enjoyment factor and the lowest setting is as easy/easier to modulate as stock.
I autocrossed the car two weekends ago and not so sure I like it for that activity. Will try some side by side comparison in the future.

On the street, it's good. Medium settings are great. Higher settings are fun at first but can get tedious in stop and go traffic. So yeah agree conservative is better and still a good improvement.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I autocrossed the car two weekends ago and not so sure I like it for that activity. Will try some side by side comparison in the future.

On the street, it's good. Medium settings are great. Higher settings are fun at first but can get tedious in stop and go traffic. So yeah agree conservative is better and still a good improvement.
I only like the lowest add for the street.

ghost101101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf SE 1.8 TSI
Okay, still on winter fuel and it was 78 F.

Map 2
1500 3
2000 4
2500 4
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4.5
5000 4.8
5500 5.3
6000 5.4
6500 5
7000 4
https://datazap.me/u/mattcarr/map-2-78f?log=0&data=1-4-11-15-25-26-27

Additive
1500 1
2000 3
2500 4
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4.5
4500 4.5
5000 4.5
5500 5
6000 4
6500 3
7000 2
https://datazap.me/u/mattcarr/goodvibes-additive?log=0&data=1-4-11-15-25-26-27

Absolute
1500 12
2000 12
2500 12.5
3000 13.5
3500 13.5
4000 13.5
4500 13.5
5000 13.5
5500 12.5
6000 10.5
6500 9.0
7000 8.0
https://datazap.me/u/mattcarr/zumble-absolute?log=0&data=1-4-11-15-25-26-27

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I know which one feels strongest though not that much different than map 2. :) Mine looks a lot like where George would put you. You can try turning the FOL down to 50. If the trim doesn't reach mid 40, you're fine and probably closer to stock engine parameters which I think is a good goal. Shows how good Burger got their stock universal Maps for the entire EA888 series.

I swapped cars with my Bro last night before the draft. He liked this curve a lot. Thought it strong and responsive. He got a header for his BRZ plus a front brace. Really made a difference on his midrange power trough and stiff autocross suspension.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Map 2 knocked 3 times, Goodvibes map knocked 6 times, the absolute map knocked once. Pick your poison.

if you choose to run the absolute map, bring 5000 down to 12.5.