GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm not sure what happened with the post. That thing must hit so hard. You're running 3 degrees more timing than I do when I'm at E25 at the same boost, at 4500 RPM. If you're at E40, I would agree that you still have room to boost. Not sure how much more the turbo has in it. You're still stock IC?? I'm surprised your IATs aren't higher. What was ambient when you did that pull? Maybe in the high 40s?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'm not sure what happened with the post. That thing must hit so hard. You're running 3 degrees more timing than I do when I'm at E25 at the same boost, at 4500 RPM. If you're at E40, I would agree that you still have room to boost. Not sure how much more the turbo has in it. You're still stock IC?? I'm surprised your IATs aren't higher. What was ambient when you did that pull? Maybe in the high 40s?
Yeah, it was 40's. You're not far from me, so you know we are now good till March or even maybe April for boost. Intercooler will be going in for sure though this spring.
When I looked at the dragy run, I was like, damn, not 5's yet. Then I remembered that I had all of the shit in the back of the car. Just that full set of the PP brakes weigh close to 100. Hopefully one day this week coming up I'll be able to get some more runs in without the weight. I'll also play around with the shift points

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
Thinking this is my final cold weather map 6 running straight 93 gas. Leaving some on the table for buffer.
Usually don’t have an opportunity to do a pull from 2-4 gears. I notice a bit of timing pull when shifting from 2-3. Is this normal? Everything else is looking good to me minus my iat’s climbing. Looking for a free weekend to install my intercooler. Should take care of that issue.
Open to suggestions!
Thanks everyone.
https://datazap.me/u/fowvaydriver/234-is38-pull-cold-weather-93-octane?log=0&data=1-4

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah, it was 40's. You're not far from me, so you know we are now good till March or even maybe April for boost. Intercooler will be going in for sure though this spring.
When I looked at the dragy run, I was like, damn, not 5's yet. Then I remembered that I had all of the shit in the back of the car. Just that full set of the PP brakes weigh close to 100. Hopefully one day this week coming up I'll be able to get some more runs in without the weight. I'll also play around with the shift points

Part of the fun of the wagon is going fast with all your stuff. ;) The numbers in your logs are pretty uncommon for a 1.8. I appreciate you being willing to push the envelope.

I have a set of PP brakes laying around also. What wheels are you going to run with them? I'm hoping they fit under my stock 17" valleys.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Part of the fun of the wagon is going fast with all your stuff. ;) The numbers in your logs are pretty uncommon for a 1.8. I appreciate you being willing to push the envelope.

I have a set of PP brakes laying around also. What wheels are you going to run with them? I'm hoping they fit under my stock 17" valleys.
I have 17" Madrids. I checked in some forums and saw a Golf R using them as winters and siad they cleared no problem

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thinking this is my final cold weather map 6 running straight 93 gas. Leaving some on the table for buffer.
Usually don’t have an opportunity to do a pull from 2-4 gears. I notice a bit of timing pull when shifting from 2-3. Is this normal? Everything else is looking good to me minus my iat’s climbing. Looking for a free weekend to install my intercooler. Should take care of that issue.
Open to suggestions!
Thanks everyone.
https://datazap.me/u/fowvaydriver/234-is38-pull-cold-weather-93-octane?log=0&data=1-4

Looks real good. I wouldn't worry about the slight timing pull at the shift.

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
Looks real good. I wouldn't worry about the slight timing pull at the shift.
Thanks for your always appreciated input Zumble! Car is running so well. Really puts a smile on my face every time I drive it hard.
Will be interested to see how I will need to mod this in the summer after intercooler is in.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks for your always appreciated input Zumble! Car is running so well. Really puts a smile on my face every time I drive it hard.
Will be interested to see how I will need to mod this in the summer after intercooler is in.

You probably have a bit more in it. I'd say you can easily do 25 at 6000. You can probably raise it a bit after 6000, but not sure it's worth it. The cold ambient really helps.

Fun fact. My car is targeting almost a full 2 PSI less in winter than it did in the summer. This is where the JB4 shines, you can just put that 2 PSI back in.

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
You probably have a bit more in it. I'd say you can easily do 25 at 6000. You can probably raise it a bit after 6000, but not sure it's worth it. The cold ambient really helps.

Fun fact. My car is targeting almost a full 2 PSI less in winter than it did in the summer. This is where the JB4 shines, you can just put that 2 PSI back in.
Yeah i figured there is a little on the table. My hope is fluctuations in fuel quality won’t bother my setup.
I may do an ethanol set up since I can get it most places around here.
Yeah I love the flex of jb4. Allows fine tuning for sure. Even in the cold my iat’s went up 35 degrees in that one pull.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

askibum02

Car(s)
2017 AllTrack
What was the actual code?

P008700 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low Intermittent

It's happened twice since I made the changes Friday. Once on Friday and once today, both over 5K RPM at full throttle. I wasn't logging today when it happened, I just happened to be looking down when it popped on.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
P008700 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low Intermittent

It's happened twice since I made the changes Friday. Once on Friday and once today, both over 5K RPM at full throttle. I wasn't logging today when it happened, I just happened to be looking down when it popped on.

This is a stock turbo alltrack with stock ECU flash? What fuel do you have in the tank?