GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Whtwagon

Car(s)
19 Alltrack
I'm sure gas varies in Canada depending on location but I've seen other logs here where map 2 was pushing it on Canadian premium so definitely worth logging as he moves up the maps/boost.

Depends on your “premium”. Esso 91 is pretty much topped out at Map 1. Petro Canada 94 however...more likely limited by is12 capacity. Find you favorite local pump, set it up there and consider falling back to M1 on road trips.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Depends on your “premium”. Esso 91 is pretty much topped out at Map 1. Petro Canada 94 however...more likely limited by is12 capacity. Find you favorite local pump, set it up there and consider falling back to M1 on road trips.
I doubt it holds 19+

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
None of the premium gas will. My is20 on 93 saw 19 only in cold air in the winter. In summer it would lose a but of timing. Some e85 mixed in is needed to really get the jb4 to shine
Ya I know. Anyone doing an IS20 needs a tune and then keep the JB4 for logs and piggyback if wanted. Stock timing and protections are just not setup for the added boost. My comment was to point out that the is12 can reach that sort of boost in the mids and no premium pump gas would support it.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Ya I know. Anyone doing an IS20 needs a tune and then keep the JB4 for logs and piggyback if wanted. Stock timing and protections are just not setup for the added boost. My comment was to point out that the is12 can reach that sort of boost in the mids and no premium pump gas would support it.
I was at almost 25 psi and holding 20+ at redline on the jb4 and is20 with e30. It could have gone with more boost, but the fueling wasn't there without a flash. That was with the full on aggressive factory advance as well. 10-11 degrees by 5,000 and 14+, up top
20201004_232955.jpg

Last edited:

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
E30 (y), though I doubt I'll try that for my needs. Nice advance.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
E30 (y), though I doubt I'll try that for my needs. Nice advance.
You really need it to get the most out of the jb4. My best 60-100 on jb4 and e30 was 6.4 seconds. My best on 93 was like 7.4. On the flash with 93 I hit 6.6. I'm a full weight sportwagen with 2 kid seats, roof racks, an auto trans and I weigh about 275. The auto shifts around 93 mph and it is a slow shift. I definitely lose a few tenths ro a dsg. I compared 60-70,80,90,100 with Tigeo and confirmed that the shift hurts me VS his dsg on those times.
A few days ago I was playing around with a newer gti that was definitely tuned. It had stock muffler and tips, but I could hear his exhaust inside of my car. So either a stage 1 with resonator delete or a stage 2. We were pretty even and both could hang with each other. Never raced, but took turns following

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Kool but not for me. If I can pull a stock mk7 GTI, that's plenty for my needs. Getting to proper gaps in highway driving is so much easier with the JB4.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Could you do a JB4 log with your current setup? I'd like to see what your FP_H and FP_L look like now. Good science for you also.
I did some logs today and the fp_h sits around 13 on the 2.0 hpfp. The fp_l is in the 130s. On the jb4 alone, I saw 16-17 for the fp_h with FOL 100 and the fp_l was in the 80's

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I did some logs today and the fp_h sits around 13 on the 2.0 hpfp. The fp_l is in the 130s. On the jb4 alone, I saw 16-17 for the fp_h with FOL 100 and the fp_l was in the 80's

I see 13s in my logs also when I go wot on 93 (no fuel pressure problems). That translates to 200 milibar that's commanded in my tune. I guess we can assume that's what your tune is set to also? My FP_L is in the 130s also. I noticed when my FP_H drops below 8 my car will cut out. No CELs or anything, the power just cuts.

Whtwagon

Car(s)
19 Alltrack
Alright JB4 friends, here's a log with two pulls of the map 6 with a peak of 16 PSI - 94 Octane (Petrocan). FOL is set to 40, I believe. Please let me know what you think!

When sharing datazap, its good juju to only make your friends sift through the 3rd gear (and maybe first bit of 4th) data. You can do that either be only logging that in the first place in Jb4, or trimming it in datazap.

That aside, looks good. Timing advance (ign1) climbs well, no cylinder corrections (ign2-5), trims and afr are reasonable. If you’re happy - good! If you must tinker, the fuel appears capable of more boost.

justaw0rm

When sharing datazap, its good juju to only make your friends sift through the 3rd gear (and maybe first bit of 4th) data. You can do that either be only logging that in the first place in Jb4, or trimming it in datazap.

That aside, looks good. Timing advance (ign1) climbs well, no cylinder corrections (ign2-5), trims and afr are reasonable. If you’re happy - good! If you must tinker, the fuel appears capable of more boost.

Thanks so much, man! I tried trimming but didn't trim enough, my bad! Pulled it from the 1-hour compile that JB4 puts together. Appreciate the quick look. I will try pushing to 17 psi.

Whtwagon

Car(s)
19 Alltrack
Thanks so much, man! I tried trimming but didn't trim enough, my bad! Pulled it from the 1-hour compile that JB4 puts together. Appreciate the quick look. I will try pushing to 17 psi.

In Jb4 app...

1. >logs tab > top bar “Combine Logs” > change to Disabled.

2. >settings tab > app config > app setting > logging settings > WOT logging timeout > auto logging disabled.

For most, there is no great reason to log constantly (needle in a haystack). Recommend just hitting start logging and stop logging on the display tab directly before and after the event you want to study.

Last edited:

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Looks fine but I'd look at flattening the target a bit. Try 16 or a bit more from 3.5 to 5k then drop a psi as you move up every 500 above 5k. If your gas is really 94, 17psi should be in the wheelhouse.