GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
yeah that's the next question is if I stack or not. Likely going to resell my jb4 unless I go real crazy with it
Well, it looks like you have room for the JB4 and raising limits. Time for Zumble and/or George to help you tweak. :) Moar boost!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Well, it looks like you have room for the JB4 and raising limits. Time for Zumble and/or George to help you tweak. :) Moar boost!

I played around with the JB4 IS20 and JB4 combo for a while and found it not really worth while because the base timing of the APR tune is on the low side. You could maybe raise the boost in the winter when your car wants to run lower boost, but in the summer your car is going to be boosting like 26psi which doesn't leave much room for more boost without supporting mods like IC and DP.

With that said, I still insist on keeping my JB4 for logging reasons. I currently have E20 in my tank and use the JB4 to raise fuel pressure more than my base tune to add extra safety. The JB4 is a cool tool, I'd keep it. Lots of guys sell theirs as soon as they get a flash though.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
The logging feature is awesome. Can't believe I wasn't going to acclimate. The new FW with Map 3 and 4 made me hook up the fuel wire and do a log to be safe, had no idea it would pull this much boost with tuning.

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a mk7.5 1.8t golf with an is12 and have the opportunity to pick up an is20 for cheap. I was wondering, can I run an is 20 on map 1 or map 6 and be fine with out any other modifications to my car? I don’t want to make lots of power, just something equivalent to stage 1 is12. I have swapped an oem gti turbo back exhaust on my car with a second cat delete, k&n drop in filter and I have also done a clutch delay valve delete. Do I need to do any other mods to support the is20 Or will I be fine to just bolt it on or should I just stick with the is12

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a mk7.5 1.8t golf with an is12 and have the opportunity to pick up an is20 for cheap. I was wondering, can I run an is 20 on map 1 or map 6 and be fine with out any other modifications to my car? I don’t want to make lots of power, just something equivalent to stage 1 is12. I have swapped an oem gti turbo back exhaust on my car with a second cat delete, k&n drop in filter and I have also done a clutch delay valve delete. Do I need to do any other mods to support the is20 Or will I be fine to just bolt it on or should I just stick with the is12

Lots of us have run just an is20 with no other mods at all and had no problems. JB4 + is20 is a really nice combo and it is very reliable.

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
Lots of us have run just an is20 with no other mods at all and had no problems. JB4 + is20 is a really nice combo and it is very reliable.
Any clutch issues if I put low boost in the lower rpms. Any body have any map6 setting that could work well with low boost

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an auto so i can't comment on that. But I would start with your IS12 map 6 settings at first and then slowly add boost to the 3.5k and up. My settings for my is20 + jb4 are a few post back

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an auto so i can't comment on that. But I would start with your IS12 map 6 settings at first and then slowly add boost to the 3.5k and up. My settings for my is20 + jb4 are a few post back
I’ve already maxed out my is12 it doesn’t seem to be making any more boost that’s why I wanted to jump to a is20

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
OK. 87 degree day run on map 6 with these values. 11-13-14-15-16-16-16-16-15-14-13-12
https://datazap.me/u/goodvibes/log-1590357386?log=0&data=1-2-4-11-25-26-27
This is 1lb less boost than a cool temp run I had with some timing adjustment. I may put 1/2 lb back in 2500 up as I don't mind a little timing adjustment but thought I'd run it a bit more conservative on this pull since I've never done one in summer type heat. This is definitely the boost curve for my car and gas. Now it's simply a matter of how conservative or aggressive I want to be.

For those with a stock 1.8tsi, opened airbox and less restrictive filter, this curve with a couple/few less pounds of boost across the range would likely be a good place to start. Run logs and add a pound at a time until you get some timing adjustment and decide if your willing to have a small amount of pull or not.

Last edited:

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
So I’m going to install an is20 on my mk7.5 golf 1.8t in the next coming weeks and I was wondering what advice you guys have in terms of installing it and weather I need any other Bolton’s to support the Is20. Also do I need to adjust the wastegate voltage or will it be okay?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
OK. 87 degree day run on map 6 with these values. 11-13-14-15-16-16-16-16-15-14-13-12
https://datazap.me/u/goodvibes/log-1590357386?log=0&data=1-2-4-11-25-26-27
This is 1lb less boost than a cool temp run I had with some timing adjustment. I may put 1/2 lb back in 2500 up as I don't mind a little timing adjustment but thought I'd run it a bit more conservative on this pull since I've never done one in summer type heat. This is definitely the boost curve for my car and gas. Now it's simply a matter of how conservative or aggressive I want to be.

For those with a stock 1.8tsi, opened airbox and less restrictive filter, this curve with a couple/few less pounds of boost across the range would likely be a good place to start. Run logs and add a pound at a time until you get some timing adjustment and decide if your willing to have a small amount of pull or not.

Looks real good. Nothing wrong with leaving some on the table to account for changing conditions.